Is left back really a problem?

I wouldn't say numerous, but he did cost us a few. As did Clichy, Lescott, Kompany, Stones more than others. On the flipside, like Kompany, Kolarov also pulled us out of losing situations. The equaliser against sunderland, the match-winning goal against Swansea in the dying seconds for 3 points, the first goal against Everton after clever play by I remembered Silva and Sterling to Kolarov. It would have been the winning goal too if not for Nasri scoring for 2-0 on the 89th. The other goals that added to our tally that more often than not gave us room to breathe in tight scoring matches. He also releases Sane at the right through a sharp diagonal pass from the left, a tactic that Pep continuously used to intentionally have Kolarov pulling in opposition players so Sane can do his explosive runs.

Kolarov is not a world class LB, above average at most. But class LBs are rare to find in the market, and until now we still haven't found one. But on the grand scheme of things, Kolarov contributed to the points table.
I don’t deny he won us points but he did cost us a lot at left back.. not as much as clichy mind.. he was the best out of the pair (overall) just seen him as an average LB with a bullet left foot, tbf, something like Mendy is.. tho I do think with regular game time and less social media Mendy might be a good one for us. Hopefully

Anyone think that Pep might be looking at Ake to fill the left back berth?

He has the pace to play there and Bournemouth fans say he did well in that position for them.

Anyone think that Pep might be looking at Ake to fill the left back berth?

He has the pace to play there and Bournemouth fans say he did well in that position for them.

We've been needing a proper good LB now for 6 years, I sincerely hope the plan isn't another out of position player who might do the job for a few months like Delph and Zinchenko. Even Laporte was played there. Ake won't be a solution to our LB problem, he can be a back up cover though.

Left and right back are both problems. Im kinda done with the replays of walker playing someone slightly onside.

To be fair Walker was immense for the most part last season,saw off the challenge of his so called replacement as well
I thought he was disappointing... eye catching runs were few and far... I'd like to know the stats on his direct involvement in goals against us. Maybe its just something i noticed that made me bias...

I really do think cm/lw is more of a problem area than lb. we have not replaced David Silva and we do not have the depth in cm to compete in all competitions next season imo

This position is a problem for me. We really need to address this position in this window.

Over the past few seasons we have had the Zinchenko who is a midfielder playing there, Delph who is a midfielder playing there and Cancelo who is a right back playing there. We really need to stop putting square pegs in round holes and just go out and identify a left back who will be a mainstay in the team.

There are a number of options for us...

1) Alex Grimaldo
2) Theo Hernandez
3) Nicolas Tagliafico
4) Owen Wijndal
5) Sergio Reguilon
6) Jose Gaya
7) Rayan Ait-Nouri
8) Alex Telles
9) Robin Gosens

Surely one of these can do us a job for a reasonable price, surely?

Surely one of these players can be better than what we have right now.

Left and right back are both problems. Im kinda done with the replays of walker playing someone slightly onside.

Everybody’s entitled to their opinions but I find that baffling. Walkers had an incredible season. Danilo and cancelo are both very capable right backs that haven’t had a sniff because of walkers continued excellence. He’s more important to our defence than any other player including Laporte because of his pace and he’s not getting forward because he has to cover. Right back is definitely not an issue for us. I can’t name a better pair of right backs in world football than the two we have not to mention this couto kid we’ve just paid a decent amount for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.