Is left back really a problem?

I don’t think we will sign anyone now tbh
Maybe that is why the club feels we can sign Nuno Mendes and loan him back for another year. Could be a smart decision, as he’s hugely talented.
I just want to remind folks that what’s not a problem one season can quickly change in the following one. Look at Liverpool this season.

Íf City believe Nuno Mendes is a generational level talent. I still think it would make sense to sign him. And perhaps loan him back to Sporting for a season if we can't shift Mendy this summer. i don't see Mendy having a long-term future with us.

But having Zinchenko as our first-choice LB is hardly a problem.

Maybe that is why the club feels we can sign Nuno Mendes and loan him back for another year. Could be a smart decision, as he’s hugely talented.
I just want to remind folks that what’s not a problem one season can quickly change in the following one. Look at Liverpool this season.

Agreed, and we saw how Zin himself dropped off last year after a solid season in 18/19, so there is a risk.

However I do think he’s kicked on since then, & his issues last year really were amplified by our disastrous CB partnerships throughout the season. Hope he maintains his level now into future seasons.

Left back isn't a problem....Mendy is a problem

Need a more reliable option, but Zinch as first choice IS good enough, Cancelo is a decent back-up

But Mendy need to get the fuck out of the club

The answer to this is and has always been yes
Doesn’t mean this is the cause of all of our problems
But it means we become stronger by definitely putting it to bed without having weak options and improvisations
It’s amazing to see people change their minds on it depending on the game. Or think it will be fine next season because we managed it in this one

Defo need a left back to rotate with zin, someone with different qualities , nuno mendes seems a very good shout.
It’s best for everyone involved if Mendy can find a new club in the summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.