Is lockdown showing signs of breaking down ?

same where I live. Yeah people are out but they are households or respecting the social distancing rules . Occasionally you see the odd nob heads but largely it’s fine.
In fact it’s a bit over cautious some don’t just move out of the way they actually cross the road to avoid you
I do that anyway......

they may have been doing what you were doing
Indeed. But now even the supermarket staff aren’t arsed about how many people are in store. As long as they’re buying, eh!

The place was as busy as a normal Friday Big Shop.

Mentioned it to the blokes stood at the exits on the way out and they just smiled and said nowt.

It's still pretty quiet round my way. More people out than a couple of weeks ago sure, but not bad at all really.

I've been doing my part and looking out for my family , but I must admit I am now starting to really think I'm being taken for idiot here. These are just some of the things that I keep sighting week in week out and it has got wondering is it just me seeing this?

1- I keep seeing multiple police officers in the same vehicle driving around and nothe observing the distance. Are the immune from it?

2- supermarket staff in groups talking and showing each other phones whilst barking orders at people for not following the arrows. Are supermarket staff from a different gene pool? The lady 3 doors down works for a supermarket, when I asked her about distancing at work she just laughed and said are we heck.

3- My local hospital left me completely baffled, again staff just walking around and not observing the distance at all but they tell patients to stand more than 2 meters when reporting for appointments. Do these staff all live in the same household and happen to work together?

4- one of the leading scientists who advised the government to implement these measures is having someone over for sex.

5- speaking to my ophamologist , she claims our local hospital has been virtually empty since March and she has had very few patients as most patients are too scared to attend appointments. She has no idea how she will deal with back log once this stuff is over.

Let me stress, I've followed the advice but I am now starting to really question what on earth is going on.

I would welcome other people's feedback if they too have experience an of these points.

I write this message in peace and mean no harm or offence to anyone on this forum or to anyone with family or friends that have been hit by this Virus.

I've been doing my part and looking out for my family , but I must admit I am now starting to really think I'm being taken for idiot here. These are just some of the things that I keep sighting week in week out and it has got wondering is it just me seeing this?

1- I keep seeing multiple police officers in the same vehicle driving around and nothe observing the distance. Are the immune from it?

2- supermarket staff in groups talking and showing each other phones whilst barking orders at people for not following the arrows. Are supermarket staff from a different gene pool? The lady 3 doors down works for a supermarket, when I asked her about distancing at work she just laughed and said are we heck.

3- My local hospital left me completely baffled, again staff just walking around and not observing the distance at all but they tell patients to stand more than 2 meters when reporting for appointments. Do these staff all live in the same household and happen to work together?

4- one of the leading scientists who advised the government to implement these measures is having someone over for sex.

5- speaking to my ophamologist , she claims our local hospital has been virtually empty since March and she has had very few patients as most patients are too scared to attend appointments. She has no idea how she will deal with back log once this stuff is over.

Let me stress, I've followed the advice but I am now starting to really question what on earth is going on.

I would welcome other people's feedback if they too have experience an of these points.

I write this message in peace and mean no harm or offence to anyone on this forum or to anyone with family or friends that have been hit by this Virus.
Agree totally about the police and supermarket workers not following the rules (apart from those on checkouts) I have seen police where I live (North Lancashire) in cars and walking in close groups. It's quite bizarre really as we haven't seen them for the last ten years. Our local GP surgery is quieter than it's ever been though to be fair they are doing most work online or by phone.

Are some of these workers in jobs where social distancing is just not possible. My wife for example is NHS, and after spending the shift working in groups with potential covid victims and limited protection they don't really bother with the 2m rule on tea breaks.

As to the essential workers standing near each other but not wanting others to do the same, I'd have thought that's fairly obvious? It's impossible for a lot of these jobs to work without them getting near each other on occasion, so it's a risk they need to take and unfortunately for them it leaves them far more likely to get sick and then spread it to their colleagues. It's obviously different from everyone doing it, as obviously a small minority of people doing something potentially dangerous (because they pretty much have to in order to do their job)is better than everyone doing it.

If you are spending 40 hours a week working with someone, if they get it then you probably will, regardless of what precautions you take. But the guidelines are really to minimise the amount of people you have potentially spreading contact with, so those 10 second or 1 minute long interactions you have hopefully don't result in infections.

It's about minimising the risk, it's impossible to completely eradicate the risk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.