Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Utter guesswork here, but I would put a small bet on there being 30 or 40 far worse airports in what used to be described as "behind the iron curtain". Any time I've used Ringway (old school, me!), I've never had any major issues.
It's not half as bad as some describe it on here. Flown in and out plenty of times with few problems.

Been to Richmond Yorkshire for a family wedding yesterday with an overnight stop. Met a nice young lady from New York who was due to fly back to JFK at 2:30pm today from Manchester. We offered her a lift as she was going to have to use trains otherwise. Just approaching T2 and she gets a message from Aer Lingus that her flight was cancelled. Straight round the roundabout and back to my house in Timperley. She can not get in touch with anybody at the airport but a friend of hers is in Manchester staying at a hotel on Dale Street. So she booked an Uber and my wife and I waved her off to meet up with her friend.

Shocking state of affairs.

I'm getting the word threeso........
I'm getting the words Josef Fritzl

i've left the passenger side of the airport and gone over to the freight side, same company though, no more queing to get into work, no more parking up and getting a very busy bus early morning,now i park up in a private car park with loads of spaces, go up two flights of stairs into my new air conditioned office :),turn on my computer and have a scan at bluemoon with a brew from the all mod cons kitchen with free tea and coffee i've only missed the ramp when the sun is out, which at MCR airport isn't very often and they've given me more money for the privilege :)
My dad worked in freight forwarding at Ringway for many years. For a while his office was on the old site (near the old parachute training sheds if anyone can remember those?), and then later in the new cargo centre when that was built. Used to go into work with him a lot at weekends. Regularly got to go air side and see the aircraft up close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.