Is Neville the best pundit on sky?

Re: Neville: on diving.

i do not want to see trial by retro vid. I want refs to give straight red cards for anyone diving in the penalty box. Send a couple off and they'll soon stop doing it.

Sky made me laugh earlier. The presenter, ex rugby player one was talking to neville live and asked him about Drogba last night and his play acting. Also asked him about Ronaldo when he played with him. No mention at all about Ashley Young

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
lloydie said:
Got as far as the Samba incident before I had to stop watching his selective angles and listening to his agenda driven bullshit...

Exactly the same here mate, the "LETS SHOW THIS FRAME BY FRAME" analysis did my head too much to watch or listen any more. Young's is probably the only one ...(of the three I managed to sit through what with all the drivel he was spouting)... which at full speed still looks like an obvious dive, all the others probably looked like good decisions at normal speed and that's why he chose to slow them all down in order for him to make them look like dives.

The bit that really grinds my gears is the...
CONTACT - yes
(misses to point out the fact that contact does not equate to a foul)
DIVE - yes
(misses to point out that a dive is almost as close as you can get to the definition of cheating)
CHEAT - don't want to comment (hmmmm, wonder why that is)

To even group the four that I saw together to prove a point is rediculous. Four totally different situations, three of them are fouls...
1 - obstruction by the defender
2 - sliding tackle by the defender which makes contact
3 - shirt pulling by the defender
...where the attacker makes the most of the situation and goes down (ie - WINNING A PENALTY), and one of them is a dive where the attacker engineered the contact and hit the deck (ie - CHEATING).

I can see why the appeals panel for red cards is so flawed now. Total bollox. I hate him even more now as he's now a fully paid up member of the propaganda machine that is sky.
Both spot on ,no need to say anymore.

was listening to talk shite on monday & brazil & irani didnt go as far as saying
it but they were having a pop at franny lee saying he was the first one to start diving for penalties ....said he went down at the slightest touch !!! wasnt that bad was he ?????

I dunno, I've seen YaYa and AJ throw a foot out this season.

Then Tevez gets stamped on and carded.

It also worrys me that any technology, including goal line ,will change the game forever, and turn the game into a stop start or hyper defensive game, I want to see free flowing football like Barca played last night ,not Drogba rolling around the floor off the ball.

Seconds before that "tackle" against Villa, he evaded a far far worse challenge.

Why couldn't he do the same for the one in the penalty box?

( think I've just answered my own question!)

Salford_Blue said:
Seconds before that "tackle" against Villa, he evaded a far far worse challenge.

Why couldn't he do the same for the one in the penalty box?

( think I've just answered my own question!)

young right foot moves 3 feet to his left serching for clarks left foot. yes i`ve seen adam johnson do it once.

but young is always doing it. remember the demolition derby just after the start when young went down the left wing and milner came across, ashley young flicked his right leg out to the right in an attempt to catch milners leg looking for the foul, he missed by about a 18 inches but still went down like he`d been poleaxed.

feet, inches, poleaxed, dear god i`m showing my age

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.