Is now the right time to buy a house?

there's certainly a big rise in house sales, I've gone very busy. a few have been new builds with that deposit help from the govt. should take a look op. I've done 3/4 jobs in them this week.

The Ox said:
pirate said:
hope so, i completed on my house today
Congratulations :)
I feel blessed that I bought my first house in the area I was brought up in 19 years ago at the age of 19. I look at my kids now and wonder just how they will ever afford to be in the same situation.
If you Blues can afford it then go for it I say.
BTW my missus is an Estate Agent in Lymm and she reckons that since the start of the year there has been a confidence returning to the market.
Good luck !

Learning from examples like this I've just bought my daughter a house - she's two!!

Petrovs left peg said:
The Ox said:
pirate said:
hope so, i completed on my house today
Congratulations :)
I feel blessed that I bought my first house in the area I was brought up in 19 years ago at the age of 19. I look at my kids now and wonder just how they will ever afford to be in the same situation.
If you Blues can afford it then go for it I say.
BTW my missus is an Estate Agent in Lymm and she reckons that since the start of the year there has been a confidence returning to the market.
Good luck !

Learning from examples like this I've just bought my daughter a house - she's two!!

good luck with that, I bought my young un an apartment when she was 21. she's never been near it. "I wanna stay here dad" was how it ended up. got tenants in now. although an earner for me I can't understand why she wont live there. loon.

Bought a cheap house three years ago. It's our family home for life as far as we are concerned. Bits need work on but we have our lives in which to make it or own. The problem with the market is those buying a house and thinking they'll sell it as soon as there is a profit to be made or buying somewhere trendy without thinking about the future

I'm hoping to buy soon, been saving for a deposit for 7 years since I was 16. I went to the bank on Monday about getting a mortgage and they'll only lend me £65,000. I'm absolutely gutted, the places I'm looking at are £110,000 - £120,000 so now I've got to beckon a hermit and save a lot. It's doing my head in because I could afford to pay a mortgage, bills etc but because I'm self employed I'm a 'financial risk' which is a load of rubbish since people that work for someone could get laid off just as easy as I could be out of work.

Just woke up in my new house this morning - my first house and completed yesterday. Did a fair bit of research and it's definitely a good time to buy. Solicitors are utter c*nts though

Seeking to help the OP in his question - I rent out 10 houses and whilst I think that I am a good landlord I watch very nice people become dependent on renting and cannot see how they will ever break out of the loop.

What also does not seem to have been mentioned is that it is increasingly a 'Landlord's world' where rents are going up and up. Where I rent out in the South East I have seen rents rise from £825 to £1050 a month over the last couple of years and tenants have no option as there are more people wishing to rent than rental properties available - in the foreseeable future they are only going to go up (IMO). Meanwhile my costs for mortgages have come down a lot.

IMO - whilst not always an option for all people due to their circumstances - if you do have the option to buy - take it.

Bought my first house in June last year after renting for years. Im 34 yrs old. Managed to get 11% off the asking price as the owners had bought a bigger property in need of some work and were looking for a quick sale so they could start renovating. House prices are definitely starting to rise again but very slowly. It depends where you're looking to buy.

Yeah got my first house in April last year.

About mortgages tho...I'm on a fixed for 2 years, so next April should I be looking to re-negotiate on another fixed term? Will they just switch me to variable if I don't contact them? Are the variable rates likely to shoot up in the next few years?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.