Is nuclear war inevitable?

HelloCity

With so many countries now possessing nuclear weapons or trying to get them, is it inevitable that one country is going to fire at a neighbour and cause an absolute shit storm?

Nuclear war is a certainty.

I can't see humans lasting out forever without using their nuclear weapons.

Whether that's next year, in a hundred years time or two thousand years into the future I've no idea, but it will happen.

ManCityX said:
With so many countries now possessing nuclear weapons or trying to get them, is it inevitable that one country is going to fire at a neighbour and cause an absolute shit storm?

The human race will eventually fuck itself up, that may be by a nuclear war or by destroying the enviroment or frommaybe bad cat aids.for me a nuclear war is as good as any way to go. Nature has a knack of wiping out what isn't working it happened to the dinosaurs and it will happen again in the future. Everything is so random that you can't rule anything out.

Maybe we go another 50 years with everyone getting along and everything being honky dory but all you need is for some fuckwit with access the weapons to lose their head and we are all doomed.

For me i can really see something like the Isis situation escalating at an unexpected level and leading to something like this. You can see the uproar when they are fucking with us, America, France and the Aussies can you imagine what might happen if they got onto the tits of North Korea or China?

Or maybe i'm having a bad day and just looking on the dark side.

Nah it's not an inevitibility. But it could happen I suppose.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Not sure Albert is right here, but if it does go off and all allied promises are kept, it'll be a bit of a mess I reckon.

If it was gong to happen on a world wide scale I think it already would've happened.

Wars aren't fought between countries anymore. They're fought between communities, one community might attack another with nuclear weapons, but it would never escalate to a free for all like WW1 and WW2.

The media likes to amplify wars in the middle east to scare people, they've been going on constantly for the last 7,000 years there, so I wouldn't worry yourself too much.

The principle of 'mutually assured destruction' should keep us all safe from nuclear war. No state would in their right mind take the risk of launching a nuclear attack because they would effectively be launching a retaliation attack on themselves.

However, the threat to this principle comes from those who do not care about, or who do not fear, the destruction of their own nations/states - either because they (the leaders) can place themselves at a safe distance, or because death is just a mere passage to the afterlife. In other words, it's theocratic states that could make nuclear war inevitable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.