Is obesity a disease?...

So what has everyone eaten today .. Truthfully ?

I got up at 10 o'clock and had a bowl of Ready Breck porridge. I tend to make it proper thick so you can stand your spoon up and then run a smithering of milk around the edges...No sugar added and semi skimmed milk.

Dinner was an omelette 3 eggs with a wafer thin slice of honey roast added and seasoned with pepper.
Mid afternoon snack of a tub of Brooklands rice pudding.
Tea was pie and chips with a half portion of chippy chips and a slice of brown bread with seeds.
Just had a bag of Aldi crisps now and two Double G and T with low calorie tonic..

A really good effort in my humble opinion and not all that bad dietary wise..Apart from the crisps which are only multibag 25 gram sized.
You don’t put bacon and cheese in your omelette ? That’s just wrong.

I am trying an experiment based on a previous posters observations.A complete reduction of sugared treats aka cake biscuits chocolate in order to give my liver a rest and stabilize my insulin levels.I think the lads on to something to be fair.

For me it’s a 3 egg omelette, splash of double cream, 3 rashers of bacon, as much grated cheese as I can get in the mix topped off with sliced goats cheese. Chilli sauce on top is a must.

I shall definitely give your recipe a try Mr Hinch but it sounds quite calorific.Just come back from Little Burnley to buy some new cookware and decided on a Ken Hom wok and made a plumb line for a carbon steel 36cm for £25.Its not just for Chinese cooking but a variety of other dishes although stir fry's are known to be good for the waistline as you never see many fat Chinese men knocking about. I got a Ken Hom wok because I saw him many times on the telly decades a go and was rather surprised to find he was still going strong.Have a look at this then.

25 September 2018
Rating 5 out of 5
5 / 5
Design
Ease of cleaning
Quality

Heavy duty nice Nice and heavy beautifully balance

1 March 2017
5 / 5
Design
Ease of cleaning
Quality

Nice It is big and works for stir fry's and deep frying. Its a bit heavy and because of its size can make it tricky to clean but its really good quality and I suppose that's what you have to live with when you decide to buy the biggest thing you come across. It does not come with a lid.

Chicken Curry serves 2.

Apparently he is martial arts trained.

Last edited:
I shall definitely give your recipe a try Mr Hinch but it sounds quite calorific.Just come back from Little Burnley to buy some new cookware and decided on a Ken Hom wok and made a plumb line for a carbon steel 36cm for £25.Its not just for Chinese cooking but a variety of other dishes although stir fry's are known to be good for the waistline as you never see many fat Chinese men knocking about. I got a Ken Hom wok because I saw him many times on the telly decades a go and was rather surprised to find he was still going strong.Have a look at this then.

25 September 2018
Rating 5 out of 5
5 / 5
Design
Ease of cleaning
Quality

Heavy duty nice Nice and heavy beautifully balance

1 March 2017
5 / 5
Design
Ease of cleaning
Quality

Nice It is big and works for stir fry's and deep frying. Its a bit heavy and because of its size can make it tricky to clean but its really good quality and I suppose that's what you have to live with when you decide to buy the biggest thing you come across. It does not come with a lid.

Chicken Curry serves 2.

Apparently he is martial arts trained.

For a healthy option, it’s add some asparagus, it works very well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.