Is our 1st team squad too small?

It’d just be nice, if we are going to try to play a target man, to be able to get the ball to him and then have the time and ability to support him.

As we’ve seen, EH’s first touch is Dzeko-esque, and the ball often comes straight back, unless it’s slid through the channel for him to run into.

No biggie. Txiki is always out buying the ever-popular “next Messi,” so big and strong is not something we seem to look for in a forward.
It's sounds peevish to complain about a player who broke all goalscoring records last season but, you're right, Haaland's hold up play is pretty awful much of the time. So often, the ball fails to stick or bounces off at all angles. Similarly, given his physical attributes, I would expect him to be scoring more headers by using that intimidating presence to bully defenders off the ball. Admittedly though, there's no player in the premiership so heavily marked, particularly after the exploits of his first season.
I acknowledge what you say about 'big and strong is not something we seem to look for in a forward' but that's exactly what we've signed and I'm not sure we're playing to his greatest strengths just now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.