Is our cycle of dominance coming to an end?

Not if we spend properly on players that will improve the first team every season, no fucking about penny pinching and refusing to stump up for players even if Pep has identified them as must haves.

I wouldnt be surprised if Pep wasnt around for the rebuild. Khaldoons comments on his post season make it clear that they are continuity planning (as youd expect)

What happened last season?

Who won the trophies?

Thought you have to go at least 3 seasons without the title before even considering it!

What do you mean Dominance coming to an end?

The days of any team ruling English football are well & truly gone, all the top managers on these shores will tell you how difficult it is to win one premier league such is the relentlessness of it, managers tire, players tire, last season we stepped off a couple of % and maybe this season will come too quickly for us as well, but we’ve had an amazing decade and we won’t be going away, the infrastructure is second to none in terms of facilities, CFG is growing by the day, the academy is looking good, we’re financially sound, compared to 4 years ago the average age of the squad has come down dramatically and we still have the best manager in world football.....don’t be fearful of the future, strap in for another amazing ride!

Is this a serious question?
I would say Bayern and Juve are dominating their domestic leagues. We’ve won the league 4 times in the past 10 years that’s hardly dominating. Certainly been the most successful English club though.

Last edited:
RKRqMvwdQgOiWLsIkD.gif

Is this you @DorisBlue?

Fuck me. We've won back to back titles, completed the domestic clean sweep, only team in the prem to get 100 points and won a trophy last year whilst coming 2nd AND trying to juggle bad form, injuries and have shit decisions come our way and you come up with this drivvle?

I fuckin hate these shit kneejerk threads and you should work for the anti city establishment who write shit like this week in week out.

You are a wum. Plain and simple, no city fan in their right mind, on the eve of a new season, would come out with this crap, unless you are the new breed of fan who thinks we should sweep everyone aside and as soon as it gets a bit sticky these pathetic threads pop up.

Get the fuck out of my face with this fuckin tripe.

Short answer: not necessarily, it's just a lot harder

You've hit on a pretty important point though, the way we've operated in the market over the last few years is a lot different to how we built out the core of our team in the early stages. We identified top players, paid top money and wages for them, and then complemented those core guys with "lesser" signings. Recently we haven't been in for the most in demand targets. If Sergio Aguero was ten years older there's little chance we would sign him.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just means you have to be consistently better at scouting, development, or both, and I'm not sure you can really say we are.

View attachment 2211

Is this you @DorisBlue?

Fuck me. We've won back to back titles, completed the domestic clean sweep, only team in the prem to get 100 points and won a trophy last year whilst coming 2nd AND trying to juggle bad form, injuries and have shit decisions come our way and you come up with this drivvle?

I fuckin hate these shit kneejerk threads and you should work for the anti city establishment who write shit like this week in week out.

You are a wum. Plain and simple, no city fan in their right mind, on the eve of a new season, would come out with this crap, unless you are the new breed of fan who thinks we should sweep everyone aside and as soon as it gets a bit sticky these pathetic threads pop up.

Get the fuck out of my face with this fuckin tripe.

Every heard of ‘typical city’ or ‘cityitis’ mate?
Or does other fans opinions not count if its not the same as yours.
Im being realistic

Im not expectant of sweeping anything. Im just saying I fully expect a challenging season, one we havent had for a while, based on where we stand now. Hopefully we perform and we do well again.

But I do not expect, if the same continues, to be anywhere near as dominant as we have been and we could easily fall below several teams such is what the prem is like.

Trying to gauge opinion and what anyone else thinks we need to do, longer term. But if you want to stick your head in the sand and tell yourself everything will be alright, be my guest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.