is our food the worst in the country?

tolmie's hairdoo

A couple of postings have eluded to this in another thread, but feel this really does justify closer inspection now and put the club under pressure to do something about it.

It's easy to say, well eat outside the ground, but coming to an evening game, straight from work, you have few options around the stadium, either.

Unless you want to spend £4 QUID on a real aberdeen angus burger - which has more Iceland in it than Aberdeen!

Football food has always been overpriced and lacking quality, but surely our owners can do something about this now.

A meagre handful of disgracefully overcooked chips for the best part of £2 quid, pies so poor, not tom mention 200 per cent mark-ups on coffee, teas and hot chocolate which takes like dishwater.

Maybe our current suppliers are also cutting costs in the the current climate and the fans gets the shitty end of the stick as usual.

I'm not asking for haute cuisine, but don't take the piss and treat us with a bit more respect.

I read from some of the guys in Schalke how good and inexpensive the food was, hotdogs etc.

Best food I've had at a ground, few are far between, but Stoke not bad.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A couple of postings have eluded to this in another thread, but feel this really does justify closer inspection now and put the club under pressure to do something about it.

It's easy to say, well eat outside the ground, but coming to an evening game, straight from work, you have few options around the stadium, either.

Unless you want to spend £4 QUID on a real aberdeen angus burger - which has more Iceland in it than Aberdeen!

Football food has always been overpriced and lacking quality, but surely our owners can do something about this now.

A meagre handful of disgracefully overcooked chips for the best part of £2 quid, pies so poor, not tom mention 200 per cent mark-ups on coffee, teas and hot chocolate which takes like dishwater.

Maybe our current suppliers are also cutting costs in the the current climate and the fans gets the shitty end of the stick as usual.

I'm not asking for haute cuisine, but don't take the piss and treat us with a bit more respect.

I read from some of the guys in Schalke how good and inexpensive the food was, hotdogs etc.

Youve clearly never had a chicken balti!!

SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD......

we should have the best food in the land because we are the richest club. it should be free with any leftovers handed out to manchester's homeless, it should be made from organic local produce and farmed by the deprived people of our city for higher than average wages

i agree on the price of coffees, and the chips are a bit of a piss take.

but its always kinda been the way. there's no competition, they can charge what they like. its similar to motorway stops in fact!

but i wont loose sleep over it, its our choice whether or not to buy owt from there, ive seen quite a few people recently bringing their own sandwiches and flasks. its quite quaint actually.

but ill probably stick to a greasy burger (and two pound fifty outside isnt that bad) and a watered down beer

mcfcBally said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Youve clearly never had a chicken balti!!

Love em!

I expect City work on the principle that those daft enough to pay the inflated prices for food at the stadium deserve what they get.

Exactly, the solution is simple. Have a hearty meal before travelling the game and opt for pints only when at the match. Preferebly fill yourself with more pints before as too not fall into the trap off buying a shite pint!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.