is our food the worst in the country?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A couple of postings have eluded to this in another thread, but feel this really does justify closer inspection now and put the club under pressure to do something about it.

It's easy to say, well eat outside the ground, but coming to an evening game, straight from work, you have few options around the stadium, either.

Unless you want to spend £4 QUID on a real aberdeen angus burger - which has more Iceland in it than Aberdeen!

Football food has always been overpriced and lacking quality, but surely our owners can do something about this now.

A meagre handful of disgracefully overcooked chips for the best part of £2 quid, pies so poor, not tom mention 200 per cent mark-ups on coffee, teas and hot chocolate which takes like dishwater.

Maybe our current suppliers are also cutting costs in the the current climate and the fans gets the shitty end of the stick as usual.

I'm not asking for haute cuisine, but don't take the piss and treat us with a bit more respect.

I read from some of the guys in Schalke how good and inexpensive the food was, hotdogs etc.

Best food I've had at a ground, few are far between, but Stoke not bad.

I also feel this is something that we as supporters should face up to. Let's be honest, The City Chippy was a good reason not to leave Maine Road.

It might be worth trying to organise some kind of demo about it.

I also feel the little pens supplied by the bookies are substandard and not even worth nicking, but that deserves a thread in its own right.

Yet again the club treats us supporters as scum.

I believe Heston Blumental could sort things out for us.

I think perhaps the point the poster is making is that as the richest club in the world surely our owners don't need the extra revenue produced, by selling crap food at over inflated prices, and i think he has a point. Why shouldn't they reward the faithful, it wouldn't be rocket science to serve decent food, i'm talking pizzas, decent pies, burgers, sausages. chicken, curries, fish and chips, and sell some decent beer at fair prices. Nothing too fancy, but quality, not just cheap crap with massive markups. It may even encourage a few more to turn up, They then of course would have to sort out the ridiculous time it takes to get served, are there any celebrity City loving chefs who could help out...

Only have Balti Pies from our place so wouldn't know about the rest. To be fair, the concept of curry in a pie is genius and for that reason, there is no other choice when ordering.

I either do that or stop off at Birch services on the way in and grab a BK, £6 for a meal isn't the best value to be fair, I could have 3 courses for that price in Spoons.

johnmc said:
SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD......

we should have the best food in the land because we are the richest club. it should be free with any leftovers handed out to manchester's homeless, it should be made from organic local produce and farmed by the deprived people of our city for higher than average wages

Correction: the homeless should be wined and dined at the Midland, courtesy of CITC, and the scraps and leftovers should be stuck in a sheep's stomach, labelled Scottish Caviar, and sent down to OT, for sampling by PurpleNoseTossPot.

pedigreeblue said:
I think perhaps the point the poster is making is that as the richest club in the world surely our owners don't need the extra revenue produced, by selling crap food at over inflated prices, and i think he has a point. Why shouldn't they reward the faithful, it wouldn't be rocket science to serve decent food, i'm talking pizzas, decent pies, burgers, sausages. chicken, curries, fish and chips, and sell some decent beer at fair prices. Nothing too fancy, but quality, not just cheap crap with massive markups. It may even encourage a few more to turn up, They then of course would have to sort out the ridiculous time it takes to get served, are there any celebrity City loving chefs who could help out...

The trouble is the over charging for crap food, thye should stick to decent quality pies, coffee, bovril etc. at a fair price.

Although with a bit of nouse they could have an outlet selling hotpot or taterash...but I can dream.

They have the wierdest meal deals that nobody wants

eg - bovril and a kit kat..........

Strange combination. What about coffee and a kit kat.

Is that too much to ask?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.