Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters
I would say overall we are weaker, at the moment. I think we have lost 2 quality players in Jesus and Sterling, (although both were entering the last year of their contracts and not prepared to sign new ones). We have retained Marez who I would of been quite happy to see leave. At the back we have 4 senior centre halfs (one already injured) and 2 full backs. I think we are only 2 or 3 injuries in the wrong places before we could be really short. There is still time for additions to be made to the squad and I think we will get a new left back at least. I hope I am wrong but at the moment I don't feel that we have the numbers for what will be an unusual season with a World Cup in the middle. It pains me to say I would have Liverpool as slight favourites for the league. After finally signing the striker we all wanted I hope we haven't depleted the supporting cast to much.

Last edited:
Defensively we’re weaker, in all other areas stronger. Expecting a lot of 4:3 wins :)

I would say overall we are weaker, at the moment. I think we have lost 2 quality players in Jesus and Sterling, (although both were entering the last year of their contracts and not prepared to sign new ones). We have retained Marez who I would of been quite happy to see leave. At the back we have 4 senior centre halfs (one already injured) and 2 full backs. I think we are only 2 or 3 injuries in the wrong places before we could be really short. There is still time for additions to be made to the squad and I think we will get a new left back at least. I hope I am wrong but at the moment I don't feel that we have the numbers for what will be an unusual season with a World Cup in the middle. It pains me to say I would have Liverpool as slight favourites for the league. After finally signing the striker we all wanted I hope we haven't depleted the supporting cast to much.
You do get the feeling that we are experiencing a kind of forced transition.This window should have been about replacing Ferno and finally replacing Kun and adding a full back perhaps. Instead it is turning into a mini exodus of players in their prime who apparently won't sign contract extentions. The season ahead seems a tad more daunting than it did back in April and a rocky start to the campaign won't be good for the nerves.

Its the positions of where these players who`ve been sold play. Two wide attackers who both worked their bollocks off. Both as you say still young. Now we are forced to keep Mahrez in spite of him being 31 fortunately he is still scoring. Jack Grealish on the left doesn`t score enough as of yet, fingers cross his 2nd year he will score more. Absolutely agree with your assessment.

I seem to recall it was said that Chelsea looked so much stronger this time last year. !!

Seen this comment a few times. Chelsea were stronger. They kept up with us and Liverpool in the league and then both their wing backs got injured at the same time, then the Abramovich crisis happened. They've now signed an extra wing back who can play both sides, replaced Lukaku with Sterling, and they're plugging that defence.

We will be competitive but if you think Spurs and Chelsea won't be competitive this season you're kidding yourself.

This is going to be a very very tight season I imagine.. Very interested to see how Liverpool progress without Mane..

I
This is going to be a very very tight season I imagine.. Very interested to see how Liverpool progress without Mane..
Getting Salah back to his best more of a worry to them.
Plus there is going to be one season when it all goes tits up on multiple injuries throughout the season for them surely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.