Is Pep the greatest?

In 40 years time there's only going to be 1 current day manager held in the absolute highest of highest regards.

And his name isn't Jurgen or Jose.

I was Barça fan from always... but then Pep arrived and now I'm Pep fan, so I'm City fan.

I have no doubt who would I support if Barça and ManCity played the champions league final.
Nobody but Guardiola made me love and enjoy this sports that much.
How can you change allegiances ?
I remember when Mancini left, so did some fans.

There is only one manager over the last 20 years who has revolutionised football. On top of that he is the manager with most trophies.

That said, is it really important whether Pep is the greatest? Not for me. There have been other managers with incredible achievements and there will be such managers. The important thing is he is managing here.

Wherever this guy has managed he has left his stamp.

At Barcelona, people say, Ahh yeah but look at the players he inherited, anyone could have managed them.

Looking back, not too many were household names at the time if I recall correctly.

The team he moulded in his style, the one that dismantled a very good rags team in the final of the Chumps League was phenomenal.

Off to Bayern, yeah but they always win stuff, granted he never won in Europe with them (they would have him back in a heartbeat though) but I remember watching them beat us at home, we couldn't get near them, never mind get the ball back off them.

I was in CB3 when they kicked off and their players dispursed like a firework going off, spread all over the pitch and ended up giving the us, we were Premier League Champions btw, a footballing lesson..

He's here now and has achieved near impossible feats with us..

First English team in the history of football to win the Quadruple in the same season.

First English team to amass 100 points in a season

First City manager to win and retain a trophy the following season.

First City manager to win back to back titles

Quickest manager to clock up 100 Premier League wins in fewest games played.

All done without having the Worlds most expensive signings in the team..

A style of play that has been and tried to be copied by teams ranging from Non League to International Countries.

The England manager receives regular plaudits from the media about how he's trying to change the way England play.

Southgate wouldn't have had a clue what to do if Pep hadn't given him the blueprint to work off first.

No other manager, Ferguson, Mourinho, Klopp, Anchelotti, Paisley, Clough and Stein included, come close to what Pep has achieved.

I'm sure I've missed stuff out but what I can say is, in my opinion, Pep Guardiola is by far and away the greatest manager the game of Association Football has ever seen, up to this moment in time..

We are so so lucky he has chose to manage our football team ..!

We have had some fantastic managers, wont mention the poor ones! that list goes on and on. The Mercer/Allison combination when most teams were British, just about remember that. Bobby Manc, oh how he upset Fergie and tore down that banner. Pellegrini, ok not everyone's cup of tea but we still i think won 3 trophies while he was with us. He kept the seat warm for surely our best ever manager Pep, took us to another level in my opinion, he raised the profile of the club as well as the standards, improving players while playing some of the most attractive football the league has ever seen and breaking records along the way. So ye, Pep just edged it!

Pep will never get the credit he deserves at City. The media will always spin it. Brian Clough never got the credit he deserved (or the knighthood). Places in history are reserved for the likes of Shankley and Ferguson. You see it now - Klopp is credited with the introduction of the sweeper keeper even though he ignored the concept until last season ! YCMIU but the press manage to.

How can you change allegiances ?
I remember when Mancini left, so did some fans.
Easy: my main allegiance is to football's beauty.
I will always love Barça, but if they don't play good football i will not watch their games.
At Barça, Guardiola gave us hard drugs, so now i can't get high with Valverde's shit. I need my beloved dealer's shit.
That's why in a Champions League final i could prefer ManCity rather than Barça... but i couldn't choose between Guardiola and Messi haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.