Is signing "stars" the way to do it?

Interesting question

Yes signing stars is the way to do it

If we can get 1 or 2 more the quality of player we'll be able to get after this will be so much better than it is now.

we could go down the route of slowly improving and get increasing better players each season untill we are one of the top teams and we can get nearly any player.

or

we can try and get a top star or two and suddenly we have the chance to sign other players that would have taken years to get to a point to sign the same quality

basically signing a Super star player or two could turn a 10 year plan into a 5 year plan

To get into the top 4 you need a number of world class players, there is simply no other way of doing it surrounded by 15 to 20 very good players. Trying to build a team that will challenge for the top without them will end in failure, as for the timing of when you buy them(the world class players that is)it has to be done to their time scale not our own, because true world class players only rarely become available and need to be picked up when they do.

Perhaps.

To be a great team now there's a few things you need.

1) a solid, dependable backbone to the side - keeper, 2 centre-halves, a sitting midfielder and a regular goalscorer.

2) a bit of flair/creativity - in the wide positions, attacking midfielder, possibly full-backs depending on you're style of play.

3) squad depth, you need a bank of good, versatile and reliable players who can play 10-15 games a season without being in your first choice team.

At the moment i think we're lacking in every area. Regular goalscorer would probably be the most important position we need filled, and the best way of doing that could be through signing a star name (eto'o springs to my mind).

I would say 2 or 3 stars - Eto'o, Ribery and a centre-half. Then 4 or 5 younger, hungry and talented players. Most of our current first team would be in the squad depth category in a top 4 team in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.