Is Sky making it a TOP3?They purposely avoid any City credit

skybluekings

I've noticed that Sky have be promoting for much of this season - the TOP 3.

When giving a run down of the league they now have just Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal in their league table updates.
From past years, as long as I can remember, they have always shown the TOP 4 which consisted of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Now that City is in the mix and with 2 games in hand, even in a position to challenge for 3rd, they have made it a TOP 3. To add insult to injury, SSN NEVER mentions the games in hand that City has. They will say joint 4th etc, but never mention that City has 2 games in hand over 4th place Liverpool.

This just solidifies the clear BIAS against City that they have. One just has to listen to a Sky broadcast of a City game and you will hear for sure, the constant "put downs" of City's play. Its like we can't do anything right.

If a goal is scored, they will allude to it being a "lucky goal" or "unfortunate" for the other team. When have you heard them giving us credit in a broadcast?

Even the last game, they were bashing Ade as not being in the early season form he was in. WHAT?!
Ade just returned from the ACN and has scored 3 goals in 3 games. NO mention of that.

Ridiculous journalism. Anyone else noticed this?

skybluekings said:

When giving a run down of the league they now have just Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal in their league table updates.
From past years, as long as I can remember, they have always shown the TOP 4 which consisted of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Now that City is in the mix and with 2 games in hand, even in a position to challenge for 3rd, they have made it a TOP 3. To add insult to injury, SSN NEVER mentions the games in hand that City has. They will say joint 4th etc, but never mention that City has 2 games in hand over 4th place Liverpool.

This just solidifies the clear BIAS against City that they have. One just has to listen to a Sky broadcast of a City game and you will hear for sure, the constant "put downs" of City's play. Its like we can't do anything right.

If a goal is scored, they will allude to it being a "lucky goal" or "unfortunate" for the other team. When have you heard them giving us credit in a broadcast?

Even the last game, they were bashing Ade as not being in the early season form he was in. WHAT?!
Ade just returned from the ACN and has scored 3 goals in 3 games. NO mention of that.

I go the games, means I don't have to listen to the sky twats!

Think you either have to have top 3 or top 7 because there's nothing between 4th and 7th to single any 1 team out.

Makes sense to just stock with those still in the title race.

I think you'll see some real separation between the top three and fourth place at the end of the season.

Arsenal were written off after a tough stretch of fixtures, but they're pretty much a lock for a top three finish. Check out their remaining fixture list: the toughest ones left are @Spurs, City, and @Stoke. They could even challenge for the title if Chelsea continue to shockingly throw away points.

If it were based on talent, I'd say City would be the clear favorite to finish fourth, level on points with Liverpool with two games in hand. But those six points City threw away in the Fulham, Burnely, and Hull City home fixtures could loom large at the end of the season. They already cost Hughes his job, and the cost could prove much higher in terms of the club's Champions League ambitions.

If City hadn't been so profligate then you'd have a legitimate gripe, as they'd be right there in the title chase. But the way it is now, there's a Big Three and a Next Four.

Well i go to games so only time i get to hear their drivel is on FIFA :D

But your points are taken, I do watch SSN when in the gym sometimes and although i cannot hear what is on the channel just observing what is on the channel does show tremendous bias towards "their sports" such as a major event in sport could happen lets say in The Olympics - but because Sky do not broadcast the sporting event they will totally ignore it, even sometimes they will report lesser almost semi-professional track and field news over high end athletic news.

Same with MMA - they completely ignore UFC and other major MMA but will now and again report on crappy semi-pro cards they broadcast on SS3 late at night.

Sky are biased simple as - whether its on their movie channels, entertainment, culture, and sport... as far as Sky are concerned - if that Polar Bear doesn't do a deal with their cameraman for discovery channel - they will let it die.
It's the Sky World - nothing exists outside of it.

skybluekings said:

You've been smoking too many doobys my friend! We're not top 4 yet so I dont expect this type of focus, until we get there and stay there it wont change. Its been the top 4 for quite a while as they have been consitently the top performers we have some way to go until we get anywhere near it.

Didn`t you know ? It`s a worldwide conspiracy against us ! For Gods sake what do you want ? Sky to devote a whole weeks programmes to how great we are , Andy Gray to publicly kiss Robertos arse ? People on this forum need to stop looking at everything that happens in the world from such an insular point of view ! Every day on here there seems to be a thread about how a certain paper has an agenda against us , that they want us to fail , WHY WOULD THEY ? We don`t get enough time on Match Of The Day coz the beeb hate us , Sky don`t mention us enough ! There are 20 clubs in the premiership , Wigan (for example) are never mentioned on Sky , is there a conspiracy against them ? IF we ever win a Trophy or even finish in the top 4 and reach the Chimps League then we would start to get the coverage that the Rags or Chelsea do , till then we`re just a premier league club that gets the same coverage as plenty of other teams , get over it the sun doesn`t shine out of our arse !

kiran111 said:
skybluekings said:

I go the games, means I don't have to listen to the sky twats!

so do alot of other people,including myself. the game isnt on for 24 hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.