Is Tevez fit for spurs game ?

I've never really understand the logic of players coming back from injury being on the bench.

If Tevez were to start, his hamstring might go after 5 mins. But we'd know where we stood, could have a like for like sub ready. If his injury didnt recur the physios would monitor him, know when he's starting to show fatigue, sub him when the time his right. He might get 50-60 mins under his belt, be much better for it on Saturday.

If he's on the bench and we bring him on after 60-70 mins his hamstring might still go after 5 mins. By then we might have used another sub, might be much more difficult to juggle the team round. Also events might make it more difficult to bring him on, we might be 1-0 up, had a defender sent off. If he plays for 20 mins it doesnt really give much of an indication as to how fit he will be on saturday.

Tonight's match is too vital to take risks so its probably better if he's on the bench even if that means he might not get any game time. But as a general rule I'm not sure why recovering players are automatically put on the bench.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Super_Christian_Negouai said:
Does anyone know ?

Need him back asap, get the 3 points and put 4th to bed.

very doubtful I would guess (not that helpful I know) - but he'd have been on the bench if it was likely...............................forget him, we dont need him and it undermines the rest of the team to keep making it appear that we do.

why would we forgot our most potent goal threat with CL qualification and an FA cup up for grabs?

BringBackSwales said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
very doubtful I would guess (not that helpful I know) - but he'd have been on the bench if it was likely...............................forget him, we dont need him and it undermines the rest of the team to keep making it appear that we do.

why would we forgot our most potent goal threat with CL qualification and an FA cup up for grabs?

because some on BMoon don't like Tevez and think the sun shines out of someone else.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Does anyone know ?

with him we would of beat Everton. Simple. Without Tevez this season we would not finish top six.
There is nothing wrong with a side relying on a particular player to perform. We just need the other strikers around him to perform to his level.
Tevez has been utter brilliant for us for 2 seasons, we are not as good without him (semi apart ).

joe salford said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
with him we would of beat Everton. Simple. Without Tevez this season we would not finish top six.
There is nothing wrong with a side relying on a particular player to perform. We just need the other strikers around him to perform to his level.
Tevez has been utter brilliant for us for 2 seasons, we are not as good without him (semi apart ).

City will be boosted by the potential return of Argentinian talisman Carlos Tevez, however Castrol also offer the interesting fact that Mancini’s team have scored more goals without Carlos Tevez in the side (1.7) than with him in their team (1.5) in the Premier League this season.

Balti said:
joe salford said:

City will be boosted by the potential return of Argentinian talisman Carlos Tevez, however Castrol also offer the interesting fact that Mancini’s team have scored more goals without Carlos Tevez in the side (1.7) than with him in their team (1.5) in the Premier League this season.
I'm not surprised TBH.

joe salford said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Does anyone know ?

rubbish - all of it. cant even be bothered to answer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.