Is the League Pep's main priority?

Instinctively I’d say No, but will be fascinating to see the line up selected on Sunday afternoon.

I think the priority is to stay in all 4 competitions.

A tough league game away to Palace and an FA Cup semi take priority over a 1st leg of a 2 legged tie.

However, I do think Pep views the league as the bread and butter with cup competitions being a bonus.
We aren’t in 4 competitions only 3 now and one if those we are in the final, only 2 to really concentrate on now, I just hope we can do it

I saw a stat that said he's won 3 out of 13 away games in the CL since 2013 or something like that. Just think he's built for domestic leagues and this comp perplexes him. Last night he set us up as if it was a QF away to Barca or Madrid, he played a team for the occasion, not the opposition. Bizarre but most blues would take the domestic treble over the CL.

I think the priority is to stay in all 4 competitions.

A tough league game away to Palace and an FA Cup semi take priority over a 1st leg of a 2 legged tie.

However, I do think Pep views the league as the bread and butter with cup competitions being a bonus.
Correct.....he’s prioritising and planning each game in advance you can see it, he knew a narrow loss would be ok last night, the same can’t be said of Saturday, I don’t think he sees one comp more important than the other but he is definitely thinking about the schedule and the next game, there is none of this one game at a time scinario for Pep
for us fans and even the players yes but for him no chance because Pep doesn’t leave things to chance

I certainly hope it is.

If we bomb out on Wednesday but have managed to beat Palace our games left to play will be 5 League and the FA Cup Final.

The Scouse Twats will have 4 League and 2 Chumps (after they beat Porto) so the same number of games.

However with the Cup Final being after the season finishes it will give us the advantage in the league.

No, each comp is given equal priority. Last night was our strongest team if you think like i do that KDB couldn't have played effectively after a tough game 3 days prior. If he really was prioritizing the league he'd have left Sergio on the bench last night.

Correct.....he’s prioritising and planning each game in advance you can see it, he knew a narrow loss would be ok last night, the same can’t be said of Saturday, I don’t think he sees one comp more important than the other but he is definitely thinking about the schedule and the next game, there is none of this one game at a time scinario for Pep
for us fans and even the players yes but for him no chance because Pep doesn’t leave things to chance

He's also constrained by the fact that we have a number of players returning from injuries and he has no choice other than to limit their game time.

No, each comp is given equal priority. Last night was our strongest team if you think like i do that KDB couldn't have played effectively after a tough game 3 days prior. If he really was prioritizing the league he'd have left Sergio on the bench last night.

I agree with you, but what about Mahrez over Sane?
In terms of KDB, afterwards Pep said it was tactical, not fitness related - basically coz he wanted 2 holding midfielders. Suggests to me he was wary of the away leg vs liverpool last year and wanted to go less attacking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.