Is there a supporters club in rochdale?

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/mcfc.cassy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/mcfc.cassy</a>

@McfcCassy

There you go :)

Rochdale is full of pockets of blues who attend games home and away. The Cassy branch is currently the biggest in Rochdale itself and as previously mentioned can be traced on the OS.

Mick Thompson ran a great set up in the mid 1990's. Guests such as Uwe Rosler, Brian Horton and football genius Alan Ball turned up to the Castle Pub on Manchester Rd.
It ended up at Spotland and the last one I remember turning up was Richard Dunne in about 2004 (guess). It all went tits up because some fat bloke (F.B.B.) ( he knows who he is - shame on him ) muscled Mick out.

What happened to Mick I wonder ?

Cassy branch has since taken over the mantle and Siggy the camp comedian puts a good show on .
Follow twitter @mcfccassy

You're very welcome to join

Please contact us via twitter @mcfccassy, facebood - Add Mcfc Cassy or just email us mcfccassy@gmail.com.

Next branch meeting is Sunday 16th September with a couple of special guests.

Fookin camp comedian my @rse, get your finger out Social Secretary - it's a big job this year

Yeh it used to have a good supporters club. Never got to massive numbers but certainly stood its own to say it was set up at the start of the dark days sliding down the divisions. I went to one of the inaugural meetings which was, I'm sure, held up at a pub called The Oxford which was up Whitworth way. Moved venues a few times which probably didn't help but having said that its peak times were probably in its last venue up at Spotland. Still used to occasionally see Mick knocking around but not for a good year or so now.

Plodderblue said:
Rochdale is full of pockets of blues who attend games home and away. The Cassy branch is currently the biggest in Rochdale itself and as previously mentioned can be traced on the OS.

Mick Thompson ran a great set up in the mid 1990's. Guests such as Uwe Rosler, Brian Horton and football genius Alan Ball turned up to the Castle Pub on Manchester Rd.
It ended up at Spotland and the last one I remember turning up was Richard Dunne in about 2004 (guess). It all went tits up because some fat bloke (F.B.B.) ( he knows who he is - shame on him ) muscled Mick out.

What happened to Mick I wonder ?

Cassy branch has since taken over the mantle and Siggy the camp comedian puts a good show on .
Follow twitter @mcfccassy

I still see Mick before every home game at our drinking den.

The "fat bloke" didn't muscle out Mick.. I suspect Mick had had enough of the grief in dealing with City at the time.

The fat bloke is a top blue, by the way, and is well-known on radio phone-ins!

MES called it right as to the demise of the branch... and many other City branches.. when the club pulled the plug on guests.

Yes I know the fat bloke really well he has a number of pseudonyms - one being Jim Ryan.

He was recently spotted on the front cover of King of the kippax.

He can be found on many a match day drinking fanta in the east stand

I left Rochdale about 6 years ago but The Brown Cow in Norden was a big city pub, landlord was a big blue called Woody .

I am that fat bloke . Never muscled Mick out .Mick did nearly everything behind the scenes I just chaired the meetings but as said we would have been nowhere without Micks hard work & contacts .honourable mentions to Phil gatenby ,Steve Hewitt & Ken Doodson
Apologies if I missed anyone.
The lack of guests & difficulty getting away tickets in time eventually led to our demise.
Ironically our peak was when City where at their lowest
Once again massive thanks & big respect to Mick

squirtyflower said:
Fuzzy Logic said:
I left Rochdale about 6 years ago but The Brown Cow in Norden was a big city pub, landlord was a big blue called Woody .
not anymore, sadly

Since when as it was still owned by a big blue when i was a couple of months back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.