Is there anything more cruel in sport..

I should imagine training all your life then losing the Tour de France to a lying serial drug cheat is probably worse, as is losing a loved one in a football tragedy that simply isn't trendy anymore, such as Ibrox, or Bradford, or Heysel.
Unless those disasters also had high-profile campaigns to keep them in the media on a daily basis that I somehow managed to miss.

Skashion said:
kenzie115 said:
If you take in any of the football media over the next week you'll learn that this is actually the the most cruel thing that has ever happened in any sport:

[bigimg]https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/45652/cropped_Untitled-01.gif?ts=1398607686[/bigimg]

A simple slip denying super Stevie Gee his deserved title outweighs everything.
He shouldn't blame the slip anyway. He miscontrolled it meaning it had to run after it. He fucked up, simple as.

Spot on Skash, he miscontrolled it because he lost concentration, but it will be airbrushed out of history and will be forever referred to as a slip.
If that was Demi, he would be getting crucified on every back page.

stony said:
Skashion said:
kenzie115 said:
If you take in any of the football media over the next week you'll learn that this is actually the the most cruel thing that has ever happened in any sport:

[bigimg]https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/45652/cropped_Untitled-01.gif?ts=1398607686[/bigimg]

He shouldn't blame the slip anyway. He miscontrolled it meaning it had to run after it. He fucked up, simple as.

Spot on Skash, he miscontrolled it because he lost concentration, but it will be airbrushed out of history and will be forever referred to as a slip.
Exactly this ^^ fuck'em

stony said:
Skashion said:
kenzie115 said:

its already started. This is Henry Winter in the Telegraph:

Gerrard took the ball and turned but slipped, gifting possession to the lurking Ba. The striker sped towards the Kop, controlling the ball with his right foot before placing it firmly under Mignolet and in.

Chris in London said:
stony said:
Skashion said:

Gerrard took the ball miscontrolled it, let it slide under his foot, then turned but slipped, gifting possession to the lurking Ba. The striker sped towards the Kop, controlling the ball with his right foot before placing it firmly under Mignolet and in.

Edited for accuracy

The commentator yesterday reminded me of the year Palace got relegated with 49 points. There were four more games than there are now but it's still a bit of a sickener going down with that points total.

Didn't someone ( maybe even City ) lose out on promotion to the first division by about a hundredth of a goal, in the days of goal average?

I'd say the cruelest thing in sport is what happened to the likes of Raymundo Beltran when he fought Ricky Burns. Trained everyday for months. Produced the fight of his life and then robbed of a victory by the judges.

Chris in London said:
stony said:
Skashion said:

Gerrard took the 15 year old girl, got her pregnant, paid for a private abortion, then demonstrated the first touch of the rapist he is, gifting possession to the lurking Ba. The striker sped towards the Kop, controlling the ball with his right foot before placing it firmly under Mignolet and in.

I'd say it's pretty tough being Raymond Poulidor, known as the eternal second, as he came second in the Tour de France three times and third five times, but never won it.

I know this because my school French exchange partner's dad did his national service with Poulidor in Algeria.

It could go to Liverpool on goal difference ....Rememeber, they are playing Newcastle United last game.

Newcastle, without doubt, have been the biggest chumps in the whole football league over the last 60 years or so.

I can see pool putting about 10 past them.

We will have to be very disciplined last game if we can get past the next two fixtures.

Getting relegated on goal difference while your team waste time by the corner flag with the score level in a match they need to win, that really, really, really fucking hurts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.