Is this wrong or right??

If only everyone could afford to send their kids to private school eh? However they can't
and given the standard of state education in this country I would say take the
lad.He's not going to be missing anything worthwhile. Perhaps those who are so
concerned about him missing a day will take the same view with the teachers who
really couldn't care less about his education as they deem it less important than
their pension.

unsworthblue said:
He has a job as an apprentice plasterer/builder waiting for him,not as a doctor or accountant but all the same an opportunity to make whatever he wants of himself.I think everyone who knows him knows that he isn't ever going to make it in a job where you need to be academically gifted,he may surprise us all one day and end up being the finest architect the country has ever produced but somehow i doubt it.Just a quick question,did you send your son to this private school you talk about or was it just your daughter?
I have to confess to having seen Scooby Blue's post and saw an opportunity for a bit of a wind-up. Sorry about that. If he's got the opportunity to get a trade behind him then he could do very well indeed for himself particularly if the economy ever gets moving again. Having said that, I wouldn't have taken my kids out of school but it's not the end of the world what you're doing with your nephew.

But it's an interesting question you ask about my son and worthy of a debate on its own. He went to the local state school (because that was the right place for him and it was quite a good one) and it was partly through our experience of that that we sent my daughter to private school. The difference in the attitudes they drum into the kids is quite noticeable. The state school was more interested in its place in the league tables than in getting the maximum out the kids so it forced many of them into GNVQ's, which were easier and gave more league table points instead of challenging the kids to gain GCSE's. It was the path of least resistance all the time.

The independent school would simply not accept anything but the best from the kids and ensured they were challenged and stretched all the time. They taught at such a pace that if she ever took a day off sick it took a real effort to catch up.

Prestwich_Blue said:
unsworthblue said:
He has a job as an apprentice plasterer/builder waiting for him,not as a doctor or accountant but all the same an opportunity to make whatever he wants of himself.I think everyone who knows him knows that he isn't ever going to make it in a job where you need to be academically gifted,he may surprise us all one day and end up being the finest architect the country has ever produced but somehow i doubt it.Just a quick question,did you send your son to this private school you talk about or was it just your daughter?
I have to confess to having seen Scooby Blue's post and saw an opportunity for a bit of a wind-up. Sorry about that. If he's got the opportunity to get a trade behind him then he could do very well indeed for himself particularly if the economy ever gets moving again. Having said that, I wouldn't have taken my kids out of school but it's not the end of the world what you're doing with your nephew.

But it's an interesting question you ask about my son and worthy of a debate on its own. He went to the local state school (because that was the right place for him and it was quite a good one) and it was partly through our experience of that that we sent my daughter to private school. The difference in the attitudes they drum into the kids is quite noticeable. The state school was more interested in its place in the league tables than in getting the maximum out the kids so it forced many of them into GNVQ's, which were easier and gave more league table points instead of challenging the kids to gain GCSE's. It was the path of least resistance all the time.

The independent school would simply not accept anything but the best from the kids and ensured they were challenged and stretched all the time. They taught at such a pace that if she ever took a day off sick it took a real effort to catch up.

If it's ok to all be given a day off for a royal wedding then it's got to be ok to take your child out of school to watch City.

unsworthblue said:
de niro said:
wrong.

he'll have plenty of time for city after his school days are over.
he's been going to school for 11 years mate,he's quite a bright lad and a very good mannered kid,he's never going to be an intellectual and as a family we all do what we can for him and he's got a job waiting for him once he leaves school,its only one day and he can catch up with school work at a later stage.

That's all you need right now tbf, I've got qualifications out my arse and I'd be lucky to get a job in Lidl.

the lad had a brilliant time,picked him up from school at dinner time and off we went.He received biology,history,maths,geography lessons on the way down,not to mention careers advice.Took him in a few pubs and he had a few cokes and enjoyed the match,up to get the car and home for 3.30am,he'll get a few hours kip then he'll be up to do his paper round,he'll be abit tired but he has the day off due to the strike,all in all a good experience for the lad.

It depends on the kid, you say he is decent but not an academic, thats cool. I think nowadays whatever he may have missed on that day if it was considered vital knowledge then he can research it himself.

I personaly feel one day of for a match is no bad thing.

unsworthblue said:
the lad had a brilliant time,picked him up from school at dinner time and off we went.He received biology,history,maths,geography lessons on the way down,not to mention careers advice.Took him in a few pubs and he had a few cokes and enjoyed the match,up to get the car and home for 3.30am,he'll get a few hours kip then he'll be up to do his paper round,he'll be abit tired but he has the day off due to the strike,all in all a good experience for the lad.

Good job you wernt on our coach mate, got back to the car park to find coach had give it toes without any of us on board, so we ended up going half way up the country to leeds, only to have to come across, had a few youngsters on with us, so we had to make sure they're ok........ we all jibbed the train though so happy days.

Ticket For Schalke said:
unsworthblue said:

Good job you wernt on our coach mate, got back to the car park to find coach had give it toes without any of us on board, so we ended up going half way up the country to leeds, only to have to come across, had a few youngsters on with us, so we had to make sure they're ok........ we all jibbed the train though so happy days.
jesus mate the coach can't just leave people behind especially when there are young un's on it,how long did they wait for you? have you spoke to the coach operators this morning?

i heard it was the shameless coach that left the fans behind due to drinking beer ; smoking and drugs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.