Is Turkey the meat not all that?

W W

worsleyweb

Now don’t want to sound ungrateful as the mrs worked incredibly hard on the bird and cooked an incredible meal on Xmas day.

But the actual taste of the meat was the worst bit of the dinner for me. Just incredibly bland and dry. Not a patch on the ham we also had. And certainly not as nice as beef. Why do we have turkey at Christmas?

I have not had the balls to say next year can we not have turkey as it will start the next Christmas row but at some point this year I will be suggesting a different meat next year.

Anyone else not a fan?

Not my favourite meat but if it was dry she probably didn't rest the bird after cooking so the juices could re-absorb, or it was cooked too long.

Do yourself a favour and go for a nice beef rib roast on the bone

had that for the last 5/6 years wouldn't go back

We had gammon and beef Xmas day, no turkey, it's just bland. Was about 3or4 years ago the decision was made, used to have all 3, just the 2 now. Just have even more pigs in blankets instead

The only reason turkey is a thing at Xmas is because there is a lot of it and you can't get a chicken big enough to feed ten people. Actually you can - Capon. We had one yesterday and it was wank, might as well have had turkey.
As others have said a big rib of beef is great and looks special on the table too.

I hear it's smashing in a curry :)

Serious though, Turkey in this country always seems to be a bit dry. Not sure if we overcook it or there's a problem in the supply chain that makes a difference

The wife does a fabulous job of cooking the turkey, always moist and delicious. We do a meat stuffing with bacon, garlic sausage, spices and the rest. The leftovers are just as good.
Turkey, bacon, chedder, avacado, red onion, lettuce, on a croissant with some mayo. Garnish with a Stella Artois, unreal.

My dad always said turkey's the only meat we stuff with things we'd rather be eating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.