is war imminent

ReturnoftheMac said:
pauldominic said:
marco said:
with all this going on between iran israel and lebanon

Not to mention Jordan and Syria.

I reckon so but probably next year.

Going to work in Jordan next week .....should I be worried ?

There's an Al-Qaeda inspired group attacking western interests such as the British and American Embassies.

I look for a hyperlink.

twinkletoes said:
west didsblue said:
twinkletoes said:
Do you actually believe the nonsense on Sky News and the BBC?

I don't disbelieve the BBC and Sky just because its the BBC and Sky. I make a reasoned judgement based on logic, evidence and common sense.

I don't automatically believe what strange people post on the internet just because its not the BBC and Sky. Do you?

I treat them all with exactly the same mistrust because I dont have any evidence to disuade me otherwise.

So back to my first question. Do you believe the quotes from Fulford and Carr that you posted earlier?

west didsblue said:
twinkletoes said:
west didsblue said:
I don't disbelieve the BBC and Sky just because its the BBC and Sky. I make a reasoned judgement based on logic, evidence and common sense.

I don't automatically believe what strange people post on the internet just because its not the BBC and Sky. Do you?

I treat them all with exactly the same mistrust because I dont have any evidence to disuade me otherwise.

So back to my first question. Do you believe the quotes from Fulford and Carr that you posted earlier?

I believe that they have a basis in truth but may not be the whole truth just like the stuff on the BBC/Sky news tonight.

twinkletoes said:
west didsblue said:
twinkletoes said:

I believe that they have a basis in truth but may not be the whole truth just like the stuff on the BBC/Sky news tonight.

So you believe they have a basis in truth even though a 5 minute google search is sufficient to provide anyone who cares to look with enough corroborated evidence to demonstrate that they are just propogating lies or making up their own.

west didsblue said:
twinkletoes said:
west didsblue said:

So you believe they have a basis in truth even though a 5 minute google search is sufficient to provide anyone who cares to look with enough corroborated evidence to demonstrate that they are just propogating lies or making up their own.

Corroborated evidence?

twinkletoes said:
west didsblue said:
twinkletoes said:

Corroborated evidence?

I suggest you read through the link I posted on page 6 of this thread. If you don't believe that then have a look through all the sources quoted on that page.

What about the war within.

Men 'planned mass suicide attack' Irfan Naseer, Irfan Khalid and Ashik Ali have denied terrorism charges
Three Birmingham men have gone on trial accused of planning a bomb campaign prosecutors say may have been bigger than the 7 July London attacks.

The men are accused of planning a mass suicide bomb campaign that could have led to eight rucksack bombs being used against multiple targets in the UK.

The accused are Irfan Naseer, 31, Irfan Khalid and Ashik Ali, both 27.

The men, appearing at Woolwich Crown Court, deny engaging in conduct in preparation of terrorist acts.

The terror charges relate to the period between December 2010 and September 2011.

'Suicide videos'

Mr Naseer, from the Sparkhill area of Birmingham, and Mr Khalid, from the Sparkbrook area, are also accused of preparing for acts of terrorism by receiving training in Pakistan.

The jury were told by prosecutors that the pair had recorded suicide videos in Pakistan that would have been played to the world had their plot been completed.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
The defendants were proposing to detonate up to eight rucksack bombs in a suicide attack ”
End Quote
Brian Altman QC
Prosecution barrister

Opening the prosecution case, Brian Altman QC said that the police had "successfully disrupted a plan to commit an act or acts of terrorism on a scale potentially greater than the London bombings in July 2005", which killed 52 people.

"The defendants were proposing to detonate up to eight rucksack bombs in a suicide attack and/or to detonate bombs on timers in crowded areas in order to cause mass deaths and casualties."

One of the men allegedly described the plans as "another 9/11".

Mr Naseer and Mr Khalid returned from Pakistan in July 2011, the court heard, and Mr Ali provided them with a "safe house" in which they could experiment with chemicals. Investigators placed a listening device inside that flat - and two more in vehicles used by the men. The recordings of the mens' conversations will form the heart of the prosecution.

Mr Altman told the jury that 12 people were eventually arrested last September and six men had pleaded guilty to preparing for acts of terrorism. Four of those were men who had been recruited to travel to Pakistan with the intent of receiving terrorism training. Two others had pleaded guilty to helping with fund raising.

The court heard that one of the men who had pleaded guilty, Rahin Ahmed, had taken charge of more than £13,000 which had been raised by the group when they posed as legitimate charity workers. The men tricked Muslims in Birmingham into handing over cash saying that it was going to Muslim Aid, a well-known bona fide charity, and a local Islamic school.

Ahmed banked the cash and invested it in online foreign exchange trading in an effort to make a profit. The court heard he lost £9,000. The charity and the school were given approximately £2,500 between them.

Mr Altman said the men were "jihadists" and "extremists" who were influenced by an al-Qaeda affiliated preacher, Anwar al-Awlaki.

The preacher was killed in a drone strike in Yemen shortly after the arrest of the three men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.