Is Zabaleta the weak link?

kippaxchris said:
Anybody else notice how in every match this season up to now there is a lot of crosses and goals coming from Zab's side? He is a great player but he seems to be drawn into the central areas of the pitch! The 2nd in the CS he was drawn into the box and left Sturridge with a free shot! Both of Southampton's goals for the first one he got drawn too far inwards towards Kompany and for the second one i know that Rodwell gave the ball away but Zaba charged all the way back but then he ran past Davies and stood of him and Davies bent it round Zaba and scored! And again today i will admit Zab had a brilliant game going forward and made some good tackles at the back but they kept getting past him and getting crosses in and eventually scored from one of them where as on the other side Kolarov was dealing with everything! Fabio and Co were getting past him so easy today.

11854414.jpg

I doubt he expected Silva to concede possession cheaply 25 yards from goal today. He was playing CB vs Chelsea so bound to be in box/central area

So if he isn't the week link then why is nearly every goal or threatening cross coming from his side of the pitch and why have we signed Maicon???

I have noticed a tendancy to allow players to come inside too easily and get a shot or pass away in dangerous situations. He should be channelling them down the outside all the time if possible. Can't fault his effort though and the one that hit the bar was a great move and very unlucky.

Probable wind up , but ....

if Zabaleta is a weak link , then what is Kolarov??

He was very fortunate to stay on the pitch today, for my money , and looked far worse than Zababeta on the overall performance .... plus he was slow to react to Zamoras goal.

Zabaleta was very unlucky not to score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.