Isco alternatives?

I'd don't think we have to be selling Nasri to bring in another similar player. In fact i think only having 2 of them (Nasri and Silva) is one of the biggest weaknesses in our squad.

NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
NipHolmes said:
He's not a left winger.

TBF, neither is Isco ...

For my money Eriksen is a superb realistic shout. Reus is never going to get sold this summer. Similarly Bayern won't be selling any of their top players anytime soon. Eriksen is potentially as good as Isco.

Isco can play there and has done whereas Eriksen is stationed where I said. If we are after a wide option like Navas we should go for Turan or Robben.

If we sell Nasri we should be all over Eriksen.

I disagree mate. I don't see the roles as rigidly as you do. Granted Isco has played more games from wide left for Malaga than Eriksen has for Ajax, but frankly, both players can play anywhere across the front including as a false 9 (which Eriksen did to supreme effect against us).

Purely from an attribute and characteristic point of view, Eriksen and Isco are almost identical. Both have a fantastic range of passing, both can finish, both can run with the ball, both have the balance and agility required to lose a man quickly with a trick.

Lamela and Di Maria are wings, MCFC already took Navas.
Isco isn't wing, he is playmaker.
We need a good AMC,versatile,vision& great tehnique.. who can work very good with Silva and Navas/Nasri.

BillyShears said:
NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
TBF, neither is Isco ...

For my money Eriksen is a superb realistic shout. Reus is never going to get sold this summer. Similarly Bayern won't be selling any of their top players anytime soon. Eriksen is potentially as good as Isco.

Isco can play there and has done whereas Eriksen is stationed where I said. If we are after a wide option like Navas we should go for Turan or Robben.

I disagree mate. I don't see the roles as rigidly as you do. Granted Isco has played more games from wide left for Malaga than Eriksen has for Ajax, but frankly, both players can play anywhere across the front including as a false 9 (which Eriksen did to supreme effect against us).

Purely from an attribute and characteristic point of view, Eriksen and Isco are almost identical. Both have a fantastic range of passing, both can finish, both can run with the ball, both have the balance and agility required to lose a man quickly with a trick.

Isco for me is much more gifted and I like the way he drifts in. I agree with what you say about similarities but Isco is more of a gamechanger and will be the difference in games I feel.

Ideally I see Isco as a Messi role. I think he'd be a dangerous player positioned there. He reads the game sublimely and picks space up very well.

I like rigid positioning as I feel our players suffocate each other. For me Eriksen will be more of the same than Isco will. That is solely opinion and I point to Malaga as evidence where he and Cazorla were partnering how I want him and Silva to be like.

Turan keeps coming to my thoughts.

BillyShears said:
NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
TBF, neither is Isco ...

My view as well. It'll also be interesting to see where Navas plays. I don't think he'll play exclusively wide as many seem to think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.