Isle of Wight festival

brummie blue

Been watching a bit of the awful Sky coverage of the Isle of Wight festival.

Coverage of the music aside, good to see a City presence.

Credit to the City fan wearing his City Champions 12 home shirt during the Madness set yesterday, in clear shot when the wide shot of the stage was shown several times.

Zoe Ball presenting just mentioned the England V Italy game, Joe Hart and Mario.

and Noel Gallagher dedicated a song to all City fans during his set.

Slowly we are taking over the world!

Please don't give Zoe Ball any credit. She may have mentioned Joe and Mario but remember what she is, or claims to be. Her comments about cantona spring to mind.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
This is the first year in 5 I havent been, I love it there. Did anyone see Springsteen on tv tonight, what was it like?

He performed as well as he usually does, lots of effort and he seemed to be enjoying himself. However Sky only managed to show 4 songs, three of which weren't his best in my opinion, and the 4th was twist and shout taken from the encore.

There has been plenty of compliants about the coverage especially as Sky have been advertising that they would be showing him live. The song were clearly a recorded segment of his show. Sky have since apoligised to viewers stating band and record company restrictions meant they could only show what they did.

The coverage wasn't a patch on the bbc's coverage of glasonbury a couple of years ago

Watched the 1st 2 of The Boss and thought he was dire.
Way, way passed his sell-by date, and time he retired - though he's clearly had quite a bit of work done on his face - he looked older 20 years ago.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
This is the first year in 5 I havent been, I love it there. Did anyone see Springsteen on tv tonight, what was it like?

Having seen Springsteen on Friday night and many times before I'd agree with Brummie Blue and say Sky definitely did not show the best. They would have had plenty to choose from as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.