Israel-Palestine Conflict

On that note, If someone did the same and told you and all your family to Fuck off I now own your house, What would you do, With you being a big on Guns would you defend yourself?

After posing a question and getting it answered with a question, I see we have devolved from the reality of what happened into wider hyperbole, hypotheticals and the reflexive demonism of US gun ownership for personal protection in a society where guns are ubiquitous.

Bravo!

And, if someone went to the Etihad for a nice day out watching City and armed insurgents mowed down half of 112 and took women and children (your wife and kids, maybe?) hostage, then beat and raped them in captivity, would you go back to your beer and watching the match or would you say, “Hey, they’re just making a point! Leave them alone and listen to their tales of woe!”???

We can do this all day!

Fwiw, if someone came to my home to harm my family, I would fight to protect them until the lights went out. You?

Last edited:
After posing a question and getting it answered with a question, I see we have devolved from the reality of what happened into wider hyperbole, hypotheticals and the reflexive demonism of US gun ownership for personal protection in a society where guns are ubiquitous.

Bravo!

And, if someone went to the Etihad for a nice day out watching City and armed insurgents mowed down half of 112 and took women and children (your wife and kids, maybe?) hostage, then beat and raped them in captivity, would you go back to your beer and watching the match or would you say, “Hey, they’re just making a point! Leave them alone and listen to their tales of woe!”???

We can do this all day!

Fwiw, if someone came to my home to harm my family, I would fight to protect them until the lights went out. You?
Yes. I was more thinking the settlers stealing Palestinian homes and for good measure beating fuck out of them with Murder in some cases too. It was stated by several posters for the Palestinians not to put up a fight with any weapons and basically hand the keys over.

Yes. I was more thinking the settlers stealing Palestinian homes and for good measure beating fuck out of them with Murder in some cases too. It was stated by several posters for the Palestinians not to put up a fight with any weapons and basically hand the keys over.
I believe the partition was imposed in both sides. Since then, numerous local wars have moved the boundaries. It’s a seemingly intractable problem that the greatest minds on earth have struggled to “solve” so I doubt it’ll happen on Bluemoon.

That said, as facts change, so do opinions.

The “fact” that is currently front of mind for me is October 7th is not over for Israeli families. Until every hostage hs returned, dead or alive, shits going to be a little too “real” for the population that both elects and harbors the terrorists that committed the atrocity.

Has the result been asymmetric? Absolutely! Yet, it still hasn’t garnered the release of the innocent people taken.

Why is an innocent Jewish hostage not worth fighting for, but a patch of dry dirt is?

No-one likes to see innocent people caught up in a guerrilla war, but which side chose that?

Should the Israelis simply said, “Hostages as human shields in a densely populated urban area? Oh no, we are screwed. What are their demands so we can give in to them?”

Who should stop first?

Should the hostages be given back, removing the pretext for demolition?

OR

Should the Israelis stop hunting Hamas and trying to free the hostages and simply put them down to “the acceptable losses of war”?

History might suggest to the Israelis that the latter has not been a good course of action for millions of Jews in the past and they’re never going to forget that lesson.

Quandary…but I know one thing that would put the Israeli war machine on shaky ground, as it pulverizes Gaza and displaces thousands…the return of Jewish hostages!

Any marches for that????

Hell, you can’t even post pictures of those taken because the SJWs tear them down!

Did you say “fair”?

Asymmetric warfare is used to deter action and create an imperative. In this case, it is to root out the terrorists and return the hostages. Is it “fair” there are Jews being used as hostages and human shields? Is it “fair” that the avowed end game is the extermination of the Jews and their removal from that land?

“Fair” seems to be a sliding scale with the Holocaust on one end and a kid getting slapped in the street on the other. Where does blame for those who were murdered in Oct 7 and the hostages fall?

If someone came into your house, raped your daughter, beat your son, killed your wife and then left with the two kids as hostages, where would your personal “fairness” meter be?

And, lastly, don’t take that as me believing in carte blanche as a response, but we seem to have forgotten the events that precipitated this and the general sentiments towards Israel and the Jewish people by their immediate neighbors and those with whom they are expected to live in their midst.
I don't know much about asymmetric warfare but yeah the collective punishment of suspending humanitarian aid to 2.3 million people due to 12 out of 30,000 UNRWA aid workers allegedly being involved in terrorism sounds unfair and inhumane to me especially when it will almost certainly result in a famine with no aid getting in and the electricity and water supplies cut

Never been my position.

My position is that Palestinians are being held hostage by their own religious leaders into believing Jews are their enemy and must be exterminated. The religious leaders are far away and use them in a proxy war.

This latest round in that war was precipitated by religious zealots who were not acting on behalf of the locals, but the whirlwind they have reaped has placed those locals in the eye of the storm. Who’s fault is that?

Why, if the devastation has been so bad has the Palestinian authority not demanded the return of hostages to stop the carnage?

In the one hand, Israelis are saying “Give us back the hostages if you want the war to end!”

In the other hand, no-one seems to know where they are, who has them, or whether it is worth the war continuing in an effort to (you fill in the justification)!

The Palestinians are being used as props by their leaders, who seem to believe social media videos will turn the world against the Jews and do their job for them.

I’m merely saying, “Not so quick! Give back the hostages, stop the violence and let’s talk about Hamas!” That simple construct seems too difficult for the puppet masters pulling the strings in Gaza. Why?? Are they actually getting what they want??

I don't know much about asymmetric warfare but yeah the collective punishment of suspending humanitarian aid to 2.3 million people due to 12 out of 30,000 UNRWA aid workers allegedly being involved in terrorism sounds unfair and inhumane to me especially when it will almost certainly result in a famine with no aid getting in and the electricity and water supplies cut
I’m not in favor of torturing civilian populations, just as I’m not in favor of “aid workers” actually being murderers in disguise.

Again, an action has precipitated a response.

I’m sure the response will change shortly now UNRWA has been removed from the equation.

Never been my position.

My position is that Palestinians are being held hostage by their own religious leaders into believing Jews are their enemy and must be exterminated. The religious leaders are far away and use them in a proxy war.

This latest round in that war was precipitated by religious zealots who were not acting on behalf of the locals, but the whirlwind they have reaped has placed those locals in the eye of the storm. Who’s fault is that?

Why, if the devastation has been so bad has the Palestinian authority not demanded the return of hostages to stop the carnage?

In the one hand, Israelis are saying “Give us back the hostages if you want the war to end!”

In the other hand, no-one seems to know where they are, who has them, or whether it is worth the war continuing in an effort to (you fill in the justification)!

The Palestinians are being used as props by their leaders, who seem to believe social media videos will turn the world against the Jews and do their job for them.

I’m merely saying, “Not so quick! Give back the hostages, stop the violence and let’s talk about Hamas!” That simple construct seems too difficult for the puppet masters pulling the strings in Gaza. Why?? Are they actually getting what they want??
Could you not flip that to say Israeli Jews are being led to believe, through Zionism at the heart of their government, that Palestinians are their enemy and must be exterminated? Aren't both factions' innocents being played here?

Could you not flip that to say Israeli Jews are being led to believe, through Zionism at the heart of their government, that Palestinians are their enemy and must be exterminated? Aren't both factions' innocents being played here?
No, I find the false equivalency a specious argument at best.

Netanyahu needs to go, because I think his personal agenda is not the agenda of the general population.

However, the notion of any, even remote, equivalency between the desires of general Jewish population of Israel and the Palestinians desire to see Israel removed from the map is nonsense.

I also find the use of the term “Zionist” to not be representative of the general population’s desire to live in peaceful coexistence with their neighbors and it is often used as an inflammatory and derogatory oratorical tool to denote some kind of zealotry.

Never been my position.

Thanks for not answering the Question as to what the Palestinians should do regarding the theft of their Houses.

No, I find the false equivalency a specious argument at best.

Netanyahu needs to go, because I think his personal agenda is not the agenda of the general population.

However, the notion of any, even remote, equivalency between the desires of general Jewish population of Israel and the Palestinians desire to see Israel removed from the map is nonsense.

I also find the use of the term “Zionist” to not be representative of the general population and used as an inflammatory and derogatory oratorical tool.
But how have you deduced the majority of innocent Palestinians want Israel removed from the map? Moreover, how have you deduced many of the innocent Jewish population of Israel want Palestine removed? You seem to be falling into the trap of "most Palestinians (and by extension Muslims) are intolerant and monomaniacal"; you're clearly an intelligent poster so it's a trap you shouldn't be falling into.

And I don't think Zionism is a flimsy oratorical tool. It's a truism of the state of Israel. When the state's leaders have coerced their entire military to stray perilously close to the boundaries of genocide, with the aim of wiping out Palestine and its people as an entity, we can categorise such actions as Zionist. It's Zionism that pervades the nation from the head down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.