Israel-Palestine Conflict

To those few
Nope I was just betting on who would post it first. It’s also a decision that has no basis in law. It’s yet another political statement.
OK, read this:

In response to the ICJ's historic advisory opinion on Friday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the Jewish people cannot be considered occupiers in what he described as their historic homeland.

"No false decision in The Hague will distort this historical truth, just as the legality of Israeli settlement in all the territories of our homeland cannot be contested," Netanyahu said.

The Knesset has just voted against a two-state solution.

Can I now shout "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" without sounding antisemitic? The Israeli stance now appears to be "From the river to the sea, it will only be Israeli sovereignty". You know the implication of the latter is the expulsion of the Palestinians - and Smotrich was denying that they are a people. (You can't commit genocide against a people if they're not a people.)

To those few

OK, read this:

In response to the ICJ's historic advisory opinion on Friday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the Jewish people cannot be considered occupiers in what he described as their historic homeland.

"No false decision in The Hague will distort this historical truth, just as the legality of Israeli settlement in all the territories of our homeland cannot be contested," Netanyahu said.

The Knesset has just voted against a two-state solution.

Can I now shout "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" without sounding antisemitic? The Israeli stance now appears to be "From the river to the sea, it will only be Israeli sovereignty". You know the implication of the latter is the expulsion of the Palestinians - and Smotrich was denying that they are a people. (You can't commit genocide against a people if they're not a people.)
Not sure what your point is? Any comment on the continual Hezbollah attacks which started on October 8 and have continued daily since in the north or the Houthis sending a drone into Tel Aviv? Maybe you want to comment about Iran funding terrorism or maybe you might want to comment on the atrocities elsewhere in the world or is it just Israel you and many others have the issue with or is it Jews worldwide. Asking fir a friend. Have a wonderful weekend, off to enjoy the sabbath.

Not sure what your point is? Any comment on the continual Hezbollah attacks which started on October 8 and have continued daily since in the north or the Houthis sending a drone into Tel Aviv? Maybe you want to comment about Iran funding terrorism or maybe you might want to comment on the atrocities elsewhere in the world or is it just Israel you and many others have the issue with or is it Jews worldwide. Asking fir a friend. Have a wonderful weekend, off to enjoy the sabbath.

I am not really sure about your point. Israel's stated aim is to destroy Hamas you comment on Hezbollah and Houthis. Are they in Khan Younis too?

Shabbat shalom.

I decided not to include a condemnation of terrorism against Israel just for the sake of balance. That just leads back to the history of Zionist terrorism to achieve the state of Israel.

I was trying to tease out your own view on the annexation of the West Bank. You say the ICJ ruling has no legal effect. Does that mean you think Israel should Annexe the Palestinian territories - or is it already Israel? What are the borders of Eretz Israel?

Do you or do you not support the current far-right Israeli government?

Do you or do you not support the current, accelerating illegal annexation of land and displacement of (and in many cases, violence against) Palestinians in the West Bank?

No whataboutisms, no “why have you not said this”, or “actually, this is the issue” responses. Just answer the questions in good faith.

I take it from some of your other responses you are Jewish, like me (though, I am an atheist)—have you ever lived and/or worked in Israel, as I have?

I am trying to understand your view point and what may be informing it (or may have informed it in the past).

Do you or do you not support the current, accelerating illegal annexation of land and displacement of (and in many cases, violence against) Palestinians in the West Bank?

No whataboutisms, no “why have you not said this”, or “actually, this is the issue” responses. Just answer the questions in good faith.

I take it from some of your other responses you are Jewish, like me (though, I am an atheist)—have you ever lived and/or worked in Israel, as I have?

I am trying to understand your view point and what may be informing it (or may have informed it in the past).
Not saying this about Eds in particular but some viewpoints are not worth trying to understand.

Wasting your time. He's on record multiple times saying Palestine doesn't exist and Israel are not occupying any land.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.