Israel-Palestine Conflict

What do you think the objective of the Israeli government is? To free the hostages or to eliminate Hamas?

If you think it's the former, fine have a ceasefire, free the hostages and start negotiating. If you think it's the latter, why would Hamas give up the hostages? And if you think it's the latter, given what has happened in the West Bank, why do you think that even that will bring about a peaceful outcome?

I am not even sure that either of those are the actual objective, but we will see, I suppose.
I think that their objective is to eliminate Hammas , however, I'm more concerned about the fastest solution to save innocent lives
And if others want the same, I'd expect that they would also call for a cease fire , rather than argue about what hammas want and why

I see a veteran poppy seller, one Jim Henderson, had the crap beaten out of him by Palestnian protesters at Endinbtough Station.
It was only a matter of time.

I think everyone agrees with this analogy but the reality is very different because what do you want to happen to enact it recognising the options on the table? Let's say Israel stops right now but Hamas doesn't and carries on the war it started, what's next then?

What's next for the hostages? Does Israel negotiate their return but at what cost? The release of hundreds of Hamas prisoners? What a cracking deal!

After what happened on the 7th October would you not say that negotiating with Hamas is almost an insult to Israeli's? That's what the US did straight after 9/11, they sat down with Bin Laden and negotiated with Al'Qaeda..... Or maybe not.
Carries on the war it(Hamas) started!
Again Hamas did not start a war anymore than Israel did by killing over 200 civilians in the West Bank this year

I see a veteran poppy seller, one Jim Henderson, had the crap beaten out of him by Palestnian protesters at Endinbtough Station.
It was only a matter of time.
That some of the demonstrators are violent therefore all the protestor's are violent, you can see where this is leading at least I hope you can, some Jews are advocating the forced transfer of millions of Palestinians and confestation of their land, some have formed themselves into militias on the West Bank and are murdering and torching houses and cars with impunity in fact you would say that they are behaving in a similar manner to the fascists therefore all Jews are..........................

Isn't it more correct to say that some people are violent dickheads whatever or whoever they support (Football is a case in point) on the whole most people would prefer to live in peace and freedom ? And Freedom includes the rights to protest no matter if you agree with the protest or not people have or should have the right to peaceful protest

I’m on the side of a sovereign state defending itself and its citizens from a terrorist organisation and its attack that killed 1400.

Normally, 99% would be in favour and it would be tomorrows chip paper but Israel are involved and Palestinians are involved and for many it becomes an ideological battle that has to be won.

Peace is what has to happen. A viable 2 state solution is what has to happen and both Hamas and the Netanyahu right wing governments need to cease to exist and more moderate leaderships be in place to make the above a realistic goal.

Unfortunately, we are not there right now, attack was carried out by Hamas and Israel has declared war and won’t stop until they are told to stop by the USA.

I’ve stated that a release of the hostages would imo bring enough pressure from allies and the USA to bring about a ceasefire from Israel and one hopefully Hamas would stick to and from there, talks and a resolution but it’s years away if at all possible and so many changes are needed for it to have a realistic chance of working.

Hopefully it all stops asap and innocent civilians all over the region can be saved but I’m not confident right now.
Sorry mate, whilst I agree about a sovereign state being able to defend itself this isn’t that.
This is vengeance and nothing more and all talk of anything else is just bollocks.
When Abedi bombed the arena should we have murdered his whole family to make sure we got them all?
Because that’s what this is now, just keep killing all Palestinians to ensure no more attacks, forget the fact that these are innocent men women and children.

It’s fucking barbaric and should be condemned by anyone who has any compassion or empathy.

Makes me sick thinking about what these kids are going through.

Hamas yet again trying to tell the world that no innocent Israeli men, women or children where targeted or killed on October 7th.

It’s as bad as Israel saying no innocent men, women or children are killed during their bombings.
It’s not as bad at all. One is a terrorist organisation and the other is a sovereign state who should be above all this.

It’s fucking shameful.

Sorry mate, whilst I agree about a sovereign state being able to defend itself this isn’t that.
This is vengeance and nothing more and all talk of anything else is just bollocks.
When Abedi bombed the arena should we have murdered his whole family to make sure we got them all?
Because that’s what this is now, just keep killing all Palestinians to ensure no more attacks, forget the fact that these are innocent men women and children.

It’s fucking barbaric and should be condemned by anyone who has any compassion or empathy.

Makes me sick thinking about what these kids are going through.

Hamas are relying on people like you who are decent and have empathy because it's obvious they'd kill many of their own people without blinking, as for the Israelis they don't appear to give a fuck either way mate.

I think everyone agrees with this analogy but the reality is very different because what do you want to happen to enact it recognising the options on the table? Let's say Israel stops right now but Hamas doesn't and carries on the war it started, what's next then?

What's next for the hostages? Does Israel negotiate their return but at what cost? The release of hundreds of Hamas prisoners? What a cracking deal!

After what happened on the 7th October would you not say that negotiating with Hamas is almost an insult to Israeli's? That's what the US did straight after 9/11, they sat down with Bin Laden and negotiated with Al'Qaeda..... Or maybe not.
All good points mate and I don't pretend for one moment to have all the answers.

All I can say is that you cannot reach an agreement without even trying to reach one. And also I think it is naïve to imagine that there can be a military solution that prevents future attacks upon Israel. I think the chances of Israel suffering future atrocities has increased over the past month, not decreased.

So in their shoes, I would be trying to secure the release of hostages by stopping their attacks and trying to talk to Hamas. Yes, that's a difficult pill for an injured party to swallow. But it's the least worst option IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.