Israel-Palestine Conflict

Imagine this scenario. In 1948 Wales Is chosen as the Jewish homeland. Israelis drive half the Welsh population out into England, Scotland and Ireland. The remaining Welsh live in an open prison in Anglesey from which they launch rocket attacks against the Israeli state. Israelis respond with overwhelming force.
Would your sympathy still lie with Israel?
I think this is a reasonable analogy but also shows up the whole problem for what it is. One side see's the Jewish immigrants as what Suella Braverman calls 'invaders' and the other side sees the Jewish immigrants as a desperate people fleeing persecution where 40% of their total number were eradicated from the planet. Now I think you can argue that fleeing to the Middle East is not much of an upgrade on what they received in 'civilised' Europe but I think they were desperate to find a place in the world where they were welcomed and could make a fist of defending themselves. Unluckily for the Palestinians it was there. There's that really good phrase with more than a grain of truth "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter". I think you could equally add "One man's invader is another man's immigrant looking for a safe place to live".

I think this is a reasonable analogy but also shows up the whole problem for what it is. One side see's the Jewish immigrants as what Suella Braverman calls 'invaders' and the other side sees the Jewish immigrants as a desperate people fleeing persecution where 40% of their total number were eradicated from the planet. Now I think you can argue that fleeing to the Middle East is not much of an upgrade on what they received in 'civilised' Europe but I think they were desperate to find a place in the world where they were welcomed and could make a fist of defending themselves. Unluckily for the Palestinians it was there. There's that really good phrase with more than a grain of truth "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter". I think you could equally add "One man's invader is another man's immigrant looking for a safe place to live".
I've always thought that the Palestinians are paying the price for the sins of Europeans.

And agree that due to the holocaust and other atrocities somewhere had to be found for Jews to settle.

It is also true that Palestinians are not obliged to just lie down and accept this.

So it's a bit if a stalemate.

How do you reason for the current Jews leaving their lofty privileged homes in the West to occupy Palestinian homes and territory in the West Bank and other parts of Palestine.

Maybe talk the talk for the SOTU and the next election, but let’s be optimistic and have the US mindset change stance to lessen if not eliminate the deaths, disabilities, and orphanisation of children.

I am going to pose a question as i truely dont understand this

The IDF and the state have proved by their actions that they are happy to wipe out gaza and the palestinian people so why is it not ok for them to say they want to wipe israel off the map ? And is it the regular people saying it or the israel gov and hamas trading blows ? Geniuine question so dont shout at me please

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.