Israel-Palestine Conflict

That's the kind of action I wish you saw more of in Russia. I know the stakes are higher in Russia given how they treat protesters but public action is the only way to stop these extremist regimes. Hopefully they get what they want and more moderate people come into power.

I agree.

Optimistically and idealistically, this is the most favourable political outcome, to oust the extremist PM. All of my Jewish connections, as left-wings and moderates in Israel and internationally, are demanding a more pacifist cabinet as well.

However, the current remains in power because as long as he is PM, his personal crime trials (corruption, bribery, fraud, breach of trust) will remain delayed indefinitely. And for him to remain in power is to gain support from the more influential and authoritarian right-wing and extremist factions. Smotrich, Ben Gvir, the MKs. Tit for tat.

The reality is not clear-cut. The last PM who turned moderate and left-wing for a two-state solution, was assassinated by extremist zionists. Yitzhak Rabin.

Yitzhak Rabin was trained since young as a Haganah (pre-IDF) and then after as Palmach (pre-IDF). But during his PM he saw the light and turned left-wing. He made peace agreements with Jordan, and then Palestine for a two-state solution. For the two-state solution, he made occupied settlements illegal for Israel, demanded the illegal settlers of vacating the land where Palestinians are the rightful owners, and revert the Israel Palestine two-state solution as per the Oslo Accord, which for the West Bank is the expansion of 300-400% the size of the current Palestinian West Bank that is today.

The zionists then assassinated Yitzhak Rabin.

Right up our street. Not that Pro-Palestine marches is the first time.

Pro-Palestine vs EDL has been ongoing each year. Clashes often under the Picadilly Station bridge, because that’s my go-to walk for quick lunch. Chopstix (no more) or Yo Sushi. Or Pret-a-Manger or Ask Italian nearby.

I agree.

Optimistically and idealistically, this is the most favourable political outcome, to oust the extremist PM. All of my Jewish connections, as left-wings and moderates in Israel and internationally, are demanding a more pacifist cabinet as well.

However, the current remains in power because as long as he is PM, his personal crime trials (corruption, bribery, fraud, breach of trust) will remain delayed indefinitely. And for him to remain in power is to gain support from the more influential and authoritarian right-wing and extremist factions. Smotrich, Ben Gvir, the MKs. Tit for tat.

The reality is not clear-cut. The last PM who turned moderate and left-wing for a two-state solution, was assassinated by extremist zionists. Yitzhak Rabin.

Yitzhak Rabin was trained since young as a Haganah (pre-IDF) and then after as Palmach (pre-IDF). But during his PM he saw the light and turned left-wing. He made peace agreements with Jordan, and then Palestine for a two-state solution. For the two-state solution, he made occupied settlements illegal for Israel, demanded the illegal settlers of vacating the land where Palestinians are the rightful owners, and revert the Israel Palestine two-state solution as per the Oslo Accord, which for the West Bank is the expansion of 300-400% the size of the current Palestinian West Bank that is today.

Just before that murder, Netanyahu said: “ It is a mistake to do a deal with the enemy.” Note, Palestinians are the enemy FFS. Rabin’s policy is where it needs to go but I can’t see that happening any time soon. Note: some of the senior Israeli defence officers have criticised the current policy in Gaza.
Has Palestinian sentiment turned against the two state solution?

I agree.

Some seem in denial about this.

Owen Jones for all his faults isn't helping to facilitate genocide.

Israel is at war against enemies that would see them cease to exist.

If Hamas could have killed 30,000 Jews on the 7th October it would have done to the cheers of its supporters wherever they are.

It should give itself up to save the people it’s supposed to represent and protect but it won’t will it?

Anyway……Owen……£3,£5 or £10 a month?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.