Israel-Palestine Conflict

The cruel irony about all this is that Biden, after bleeding support from people who have been opposed to what Israel has been doing, will now lose the support of everyone who loves what Israel is doing. Thousands of children killed in half a year just for him to come to this conclusion….smh.

I didn’t do that, but you’re not the first person to misread and misunderstand others. It’s not just your fault.

Indeed, there is nothing hypothetical, but everything historical. European bigotry towards Jews meant the winners of the war had to find a place for those against whom crimes against humanity had been committed. Those winners carved up land to accommodate others.

This is not in the slightest hypothetical, so stop it already.

And, who are these “indigenous people” of whom you speak?! How long is your memory…and history?

That’s about as simple-minded of a ridiculous hypothetical as you could make. Bravo! Not what I said, but bravo nonetheless! What next, Fonzie? Jumping the shark?

Nice try. More questions! Writes itself.

B.O.R.I.N.G.
Your original response cannot be reasonably read in the way you are claiming it now to have been intended.

He asked why, not how it is occurring. You answered as if the how is the why. It was a “might is right” response, whether your actually intended it to be or not.

The logical continuation I presented isn’t simple-minded, it is simply a logical continuation of your statement in the context of the question.

And if so many others have “misread” or “misinterpreted” your post, and only you seemingly did not, is not possible you did not convey what you actually meant effectively?

Everyone else is wrong?

And this exchange is boring because you are not being hailed as right?

Indeed, there is nothing hypothetical, but everything historical. European bigotry towards Jews meant the winners of the war had to find a place for those against whom crimes against humanity had been committed. Those winners carved up land to accommodate others.

This is not in the slightest hypothetical, so stop it already.

And, who are these “indigenous people” of whom you speak?! How long is your memory…and history?
Gosh. The land was carved up after the previous world war. The antisemitic Balfour promised part of it to the Jews even though Britain had promised it to Arabs to get them on our side in that war. Jewish terrorism hastened the departure of the British. The indigenous people were the Arabs (including Jews) who lived in the land before the Zionists decided to colonise the land.

I hesitate to assume I understand what you mean by memory and history. Are you really talking "Promised Land" until the first century AD and the Diaspora to argue that Jews are "indigenous" to the land? Not even the Zionists arguing for a homeland for Jews to escape persecution thought that, they knew they were colonisers and displacers.

I don’t think you were having the same debate as the person you were responding to.

They asked a question and you responded with an answer to a question, but not their question.

And your answer was one that is used by murderous dictators. So, again, if you don’t want the comparisons, don’t say or do things that make the comparisons easy to make.

There’s really no way to take your original response in the wrong of context.

IMG-1896.jpg

General comment, only. It's always interesting to watch a "discussion" between someone who thinks they are clever and someone who is actually clever. Happens a lot on this thread.

You can tell which is which, btw, from the quality of the responses.

Your original response cannot be reasonably read in the way you are claiming it now to have been intended.

He asked why, not how it is occurring. You answered as if the how is the why. It was a “might is right” response, whether your actually intended it to be or not.

The logical continuation I presented isn’t simple-minded, it is simply a logical continuation of your statement in the context of the question.

And if so many others have “misread” or “misinterpreted” your post, and only you seemingly did not, is not possible you did not convey what you actually meant effectively?

Everyone else is wrong?

And this exchange is boring because you are not being hailed as right?
No, it’s boring because I’ve explained myself ad nauseum, but you’re being pedantic and the little Palestinian “mafia” on here constantly has their hair on fire over everything anyone says.

It’s not news that whoever runs a war usually has a say in where the borders are drawn. After all, most wars are about taking land. But, you take “I’m mad at you, because you’re advocating ‘might is right’” to your grave, if you like, but reality and history are on my side…BUT I’M NOT ADVOCATING FOR THAT!!!

If you’re this butt hurt, pack your bags and go do something about it, but arguing the toss with me on what I said and meant is a joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.