Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

The club need make an official complaint to UEFA. (what little it will do)

Need to change the title of this thread to cover all the other aspects of UEFA’s shambolic organisation of the whole matchday experience. As well as the shuttle bus fiasco there was the overzealous multiple security checks with inflatables not being allowed in, ridiculously overpriced and disgusting food and drink and random rip off pricing from surly staff (I was overcharged by €12.50 on top of already stupid pricing and because it was by card they wouldn’t correct it), inadequate outlets leading to huge queues for everything (90 minutes for a cold hot dog in my case) and beer running out 3 hours before kick off, no access to water without queueing for over an hour to purchase a small container for 150 lira when it’s 10 lira outside. The stadium wasn’t fit for purpose either. In a stupidly inaccessible location with seating miles from the pitch with hugely uncomfortable seats and ridiculous pricing for all but the cheapest tickets, filthy flooded toilets (that fortunately didn’t need to often because we were dehydrated due to the lack of water). An absolute disgrace.

Received a survey from UEFA about the whole experience but the questions were carefully selected to prevent any criticism of UEFA or the stadium services and were mostly focused on Istanbul as a football city. Didn’t bother submitting it.

Being stood up on a bus for nearly 4 hours packed in was like slowly being crucified. Then dropped off at the fan zone to try and find the hotel, grifter taxi drivers plucking daft fare priced out of the air and only wanting euros rather than lire.
I've got to say Istanbul has many, many charms but I'm sick of them literally making up prices as they go along.

Istanbul was fantastic, and despite what one or 2 are saying thought the stadium was great
But the travelling to and from the stadium was a nightmare. Too far out of the City bit like having the fans in Manchester then having to travel to Liverpool to watch it.
Any turkish reading this i loved istanbul and will definately return and explore it properly.
Oh and a big shout out to the inter fans.
It was exiting the bus park that was the issue, especially as all the corporates got priority exiting
Once on the motorway with police blocking side roads it was fine ,but if the bus was to have crashed due to overcrowded we wouldn't be here to tell the tale

Need to change the title of this thread to cover all the other aspects of UEFA’s shambolic organisation of the whole matchday experience. As well as the shuttle bus fiasco there was the overzealous multiple security checks with inflatables not being allowed in, ridiculously overpriced and disgusting food and drink and random rip off pricing from surly staff (I was overcharged by €12.50 on top of already stupid pricing and because it was by card they wouldn’t correct it), inadequate outlets leading to huge queues for everything (90 minutes for a cold hot dog in my case) and beer running out 3 hours before kick off, no access to water without queueing for over an hour to purchase a small container for 150 lira when it’s 10 lira outside. The stadium wasn’t fit for purpose either. In a stupidly inaccessible location with seating miles from the pitch with hugely uncomfortable seats and ridiculous pricing for all but the cheapest tickets, filthy flooded toilets (that fortunately didn’t need to often because we were dehydrated due to the lack of water). An absolute disgrace.

Received a survey from UEFA about the whole experience but the questions were carefully selected to prevent any criticism of UEFA or the stadium services and were mostly focused on Istanbul as a football city. Didn’t bother submitting it.
Don't forget the fan park running out of beer 4 hours before kick off and the 2km queues to get into the stadium as well. It looks very nice on TV but a mess to get in and out of even if it has been well managed. It would be difficult to do with 100 people in bibs directing things in good lighting, but it was a free for all.

Everyone I spoke to on the way home was complaining about the shuttle busses.
As stated it was a nightmare getting out of the carpark at the end.
What made it worse for me was when I eventually got on a bus I asked was he going to SAW airport.
He said he was but I ended up being dropped off at the other one miles away from SAW!
Luckily iI got on a shuttle bus in the airport soon after which got me to the right airport eventually!
Luckily I had a good few hours spare with my flight not till 11-10 this morning.
Shuttle bus return just dropped us off somewhere, not in the fan zone where we picked it up ! Just pulled up shouted Finish , didn’t know where we was at 3.30am two females just left alone , eventually flagged a taxi said 400tl was knackered so said ok , nightmare got back at 4.15 am so EUFA do one again ! Anyway in the Edinburgh bar today and the Dubliner tonight , home tomorrow CTID !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.