Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

The silence from the club is a disgrace, but I wonder what they could have done prior to the event.
UEFA weren't going to move the game to a sensible venue, one club had to have the building site end of the stadium and City could realistically expect robust transport plans to be in place as the ground has been used before and was planned to be used in 2020.
The fuck up is the combined efforts of UEFA and the transport and police authorities in Istanbul.

Our driver dropped us just outside Yenikapi, it was 8 miles and 18 minutes to our hotel in Kadikoy, first taxi quoted us €250, the metro was shut by then, eventually got one for £60 but the price went up a tenner on route. The equivalent taxi to Manchester from Ashton, a similar journey, is around £25, nearly triple the cost, those fuckers knew people didn’t have a choice.
We were dropped off at the same place at 3.30am
Some greasy twat quoted me €50 for a 5 mile journey.
Told him to fuck off and an honest driver quoted us 500 Lira which we gratefully accepted.
I'll be booing Uefas shitty jingle louder than ever next season

On this occasion the silence from our club has been deafening!!
Those who travelled to the game have massively been let down by the organisations on both sides.
Without us fans there would be no Manchester City FC.
Really not sure they care! Feel undervalued as a supporter right now.

These are two WhatsApps to mates back home the day after the match, one about 9:30 and one about 2pm, so they are a pretty close immediate reaction to what we went through and without discussing with other fans. Reading through this thread, the same words crop up..chaos, carnage, no organisation, dehydrated, unfinished surface, war zone. As much as I loath that kind of shit, I'd like to see a 'word cloud' of all our accounts...

Attachments

• 20230710_215324.jpg
    20230710_215324.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 20230710_215241.jpg
    20230710_215241.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 120
The silence from the club is a disgrace, but I wonder what they could have done prior to the event.
UEFA weren't going to move the game to a sensible venue, one club had to have the building site end of the stadium and City could realistically expect robust transport plans to be in place as the ground has been used before and was planned to be used in 2020.
The fuck up is the combined efforts of UEFA and the transport and police authorities in Istanbul.
I’d like to see the clubs RA compared to the reality.

It doesn’t surprise me that the club haven’t bothered to say anything.

I got a lovely email off them today telling me my direct debit had been cancelled (not sure why as I hadn’t cancelled it) and they had suspended my ST and would be cancelling it if u didn’t pay up within 2 weeks but with zero option to pay online. The tone of their email left a sour taste when I’ve been going for 45 years.

Who is in charge of supporter communication?

These are two WhatsApps to mates back home the day after the match, one about 9:30 and one about 2pm, so they are a pretty close immediate reaction to what we went through and without discussing with other fans. Reading through this thread, the same words crop up..chaos, carnage, no organisation, dehydrated, unfinished surface, war zone. As much as I loath that kind of shit, I'd like to see a 'word cloud' of all our accounts...
I’m surprised there isn’t more footage of it online to be honest. The walk across the rubble rammed car park and then down that hill to the motorway in the desperate search for transport was taken by thousands of people all desperate for any way to get back. I wish I had taken some. 2 mins before my half hearted hand went up to flag a taxi (successfully once he knew Sterling was on offer) I had resigned myself to sleeping on a grass verge or making my way back to the metro (it was now 2am).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.