Istanbul revisit

aka blue jambo

Heading back for a week this time.
Loved the bits of the city I saw but only had 3 days.
Any recommendations?

We had a good meal at Mato Et Restaurant which sits beside the Roman aqueduct.

Would strongly recommend the Kadikoy area as well, more of a western European vibe.

Looks like it's Turkiye u21s v Ireland u21s on 6th September as well. Being played at Esenler Erokspor Stadium which is out towards the Atatürk stadium. Depends how keen you are for a game.

The Grand Bazaar is a tourist trap. Only go and haggle if you know what you’re doing.

The restaurant and bar touts are also very competitive.

Looks like it's Turkiye u21s v Ireland u21s on 6th September as well. Being played at Esenler Erokspor Stadium which is out towards the Atatürk stadium. Depends how keen you are for a game.

That will be our first full day so will probably give it a miss
Thanks though

We had a good meal at Mato Et Restaurant which sits beside the Roman aqueduct.

Would strongly recommend the Kadikoy area as well, more of a western European vibe.

Made it there on the Monday very very hungover
Did the river tour and managed to get off at wrong stop.
The 40 minute walk over the bridge avoiding the fishermen's hooks sobered me up in time for a few beers and a fish sandwich.
Hopefully heading there on Saturday.

was gonna say Sağmalcılar prison - but it's not there any longer - mad place and where they put Billy Hayes of Midnight Express fame - was taken there by a local who said he could bribe his way to get me inside! As a western journalist I decided against it - being outside was fkn scary enough, big market all around the walls so visitors could take in food for prisoners which was in very short supply and for the most part had to be bought

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.