Istanbul trip

Going to Istanbul in September, 4 days with family for a 60th celebration. Many on here were there recently for some match or other, can't remember which one....erm, did you need a visa? Can't work it out from Google.

Might nip out to the Ataturk Stadium on the metro, just to pay homage.

Cheers all.
If i never see that place again it'll be far too soon. Have you got accommodation sorted?. The place I stayed in was decent, 5 mins walk to the square.

I didn't have a visa. Stayed close to Taksim Square. Easy to get the metro from there. Wish I'd got it after the match instead of the bus! Enjoy your time there. If I ever go back I'm going to Navidaze Street just to reminisce. One of the best nights ever!

I had an alright time in Istanbul for two nights but had to keep my wits about me throughout. There’s huge competition for your custom, you need to know what you’re doing if you haggle in markets and a few Turks didn’t seem to like the Brits very much.

This was back in 2019 though and nothing to do with City. As it was for us, Nevizade looked after me for food and beer.

Edit: I needed a visa but I understand that’s now been lifted.

Going to Istanbul in September, 4 days with family for a 60th celebration. Many on here were there recently for some match or other, can't remember which one....erm, did you need a visa? Can't work it out from Google.

Might nip out to the Ataturk Stadium on the metro, just to pay homage.

Cheers all.
I'd just about got over the trauma of Istanbul and now you've brought it all back, you fucker :-)

Seriously wouldn't have swapped the trip for the world, it was knackering for an FOC but we had a ball, on returning home my room mate tested positive for COVID and I had the trots for about 8 weeks, actually farted and followed through on the golf course! Spare undercrackers and shorts in my bag as it was a definite possibility.

It's a huge City divided by the Bosporus river that separates Asia from Europe.

The Besiktas area is worth a visit, it's a prosperous area with loads of restaurants and decent bars, it's the hip place and attracts a lively clientele, hope you have a great time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.