It’s hot

Jesus, more brain dead posts.

Yes the temperature has dropped today, ending the heatwave? Parts of the country will then be going back up to the high 30's again by Sunday.

Whats your point?
It's off topic mate, not pmq's. There's not always a point.
Chill out ;-)

2 days of very high temperatures is hardly a heatwave pal. The summer of 76 was cracking the flags, literally. And i remember being plagued by billions of ladybirds. Never been a summer like it since.
It was a heatwave by definition.

To be a heatwave it has to be 3 days over the heatwave temperature threshold for a location. Nearly everywhere in England surpassed that threshold on the three days of Sunday Monday and Tuesday (30°C, 35°C, and 38°C on each of those days respectively in Manchester). With Monday and Tuesday being the record temperatures ever seen in this country.

The top temperature reached in 1976 was 4.3°C lower than yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like @kaz7 say's the humidity is messing up what would be a very pleasant day. It is still nice like, if we could just have that 25% humidity again (it is 50% now) like we had the last 2 days with the giga heat it would be perfect.

Never been that hot that i can remember as it was yesterday, it was really like being on one of the costa's when it was extremely hot even for them. It was lovely though if you were able to enjoy it due to not being at work. Feel bad for workers who had to suffer it. Stepping into that sun felt as if it was physically drilling me into the floor it was so intense.

I made sure I wasn't working this week as it was pretty evident what was going to happen. Left the house for the first time at 2pm yesterday to run an errand and could feel a panic attack coming on driving down the M62. Was like driving through hell. I commend everybody who had to carry on as normal through that. I managed 2 hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.