It hasn't sunk in yet

It's quite a birthday present for me tonight. Officially an OAP today, and a moment I never thought I'd see. City, Champions of Europe.

Yeah, kind of strange, but well deserved, and we are double treble winners. I like that accolade.

It's quite a birthday present for me tonight. Officially an OAP today, and a moment I never thought I'd see. City, Champions of Europe.

Yeah, kind of strange, but well deserved, and we are double treble winners. I like that accolade.
Happy Birthday Blue! I don’t think I can think of a better birthday if it were me. Don’t tell my kids that though ;)

Hi people this is my first post , please be kind even though I have been a long time lurker, I feel tonight is the time I come out from my comfort zone , I’ve had a few drinks , been watching city for a long time , I even saw Colin bells come back , but tonight I’m overcome with emotion , I’ve got a lot of my family over in Istanbul supporting the best team in the land and all the world, but this is the proudest day ever in my supporting the blues,i am 57 this year and gone from minding cars in the middle to late seventies in and around Ruskin ave where I was brought up and walking to the ground with my cousins husband Clive Wilson at the time (especially when he scored that day against liverpool) but where we are now is on a different stratosphere. I’m blessed with the team I support , and long may it continue ,

I had a tear or two at full time, it's sunk in for me, I understand the enormity of it.

Going to enjoy every second just incase it doesn't happen again.

Just sent this my Dad, I’m sure it’ll resonate with some of you!

In these moments I think of City fans like yourself, born in 1970 and your earliest football memories will have been from just after we were good, from watching us in the 1981 FA Cup Final (MacKenzie’s goal was better than Villa’s) to watching David twatting Pleat celebrate our relegation, to suffering under Swales, to suffering under Franny Lee, to watching Alan Ball instruct his players to keep the ball in the corner during a 2-2 draw only for us to need a win to stay up, to watching us batter Stoke on the last day only to go down anyway and say goodbye to Kinkladze, to watching that Jamie Pollock own goal, to watching us lose at York away, to watching big fat fucking Bob Taylor put Gillingham 2-0 up and Tony club shop fucking Pulis celebrate on the touchline, to watching Dickov scoring passed both Andy Goram’s, to watching Goater scoring with every part of his body other than his actual foot, to watching City house an Arab and a Jew in midfield and it working brilliantly, to watching City starting with a hilarious strike force of Wanchope Dickov, to paying money to Prem Plus for a City vs Wigan game only for us to be 4-0 after 20 minutes and making me watch it as you’d paid for it, to watching us get taken over by tax dodging Thai bloke and still getting battered by Boro 8-1, to finally winning the lottery with Gods own club and winning the fucking lot, we’ll see things they’ll never see, you and I are gonna live forever! Dont forget the 6-1

I swear you’ll never see anything like this ever again, so watch it! Drink it in!”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.