It wasnt just 3 points against Chelsea.

Stillsy said:
hrmmm yeah maybe i was a bit harsh on samuel but for him to say one win doesnt make us title contenders is fucking ignorant.

how on earth does he know what we arent title contenders. hes going of last years results and the year before when we had a far worse team.
He didn't say we're not title contenders.

He said that beating Chelsea doesn't make us title contenders.

Subtle difference.

Bluemoon115 said:
Stillsy said:
hrmmm yeah maybe i was a bit harsh on samuel but for him to say one win doesnt make us title contenders is fucking ignorant.

how on earth does he know what we arent title contenders. hes going of last years results and the year before when we had a far worse team.
He didn't say we're not title contenders.

He said that beating Chelsea doesn't make us title contenders.

Subtle difference.

Spot on.If and when we are consistent , we will be title contenders.

I sort of agree with the OP

But....

When we beat Utd on their "special day" we played them off the park pretty much .....especially in the second half

When we beat arsenal last year when ade went on his imfamous rrun and celebration we dominated them

whe we beat liverpool we did it with ease (this season) without ever being really impressive ourselves

I agree about the chelski match to some extent....it is the first time ive seen a city team "bully" one of the big boys off the pitch.....We were certainly equal to them on the day (possibly better)

However when we start to comfortably beat some of the lesser teams I will then think we are at the point of "making it"

I think consistnacy is the key word here...consistant high level performances against everyone and then we have made it to the top

People keep talking about consistency. And they're right; but this is the first time we've had the players that are able to be consistent. Consistent enough to challenge for the title; if we go into games against the stokes of this league with the same commitment and intensity as we did against Chelsea and Liverpool.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Stillsy said:
Right here me out here guys.

Since the game last weekend iv read all the papers trying to knock us down over our win. Iv read Lineker saying that last season we would have deffinately got in the champs league if we would of had Hughes in charge. Iv also read some cock from the daily fail saying 'One BIG win doesnt mean youv made it'

Well im gunna tell you summat Martin fucking Samuel heres the difference!

Yes we have beat Chelsea before, we have also beat the scum before Arsenal and Liverpool.

But even after we did the double over Chelsea last season and when we did the double over United under Sven i have never EVER walked away thinking to myself we have a better team than them. Okay so we have beat them and took 3 points from them but not once did i think wow we are honestly a better side than them.

But last weekend was different and im sure im not the only one. I walked away from the game singing all the way down the main road and knowing deep down that we have a better side than Chelsea and imo anyone else in the league.

So go on Martin and fucking Lineker keep running your big fucking gobs because you will all be on the bandwagon when we win a trophy this year.

Pricks.

I agree with you tbh. It wasn't until the 75th minute my ass cheeks began to involuntarily contract....normally against the big sides its much earlier....I am not sure we are quite there yet but we certainly played Chelsea at the power game...and won. I think a good performance in the derby and some more consistency against so called lesser teams will have opinions changing.

I absolutely agree, however consistency is again our problem, but i think Mancini has got it right! Fergie (Although I Hate To Say IT) Is the best manager in the world and it is not down to the fact he has the best players in the world, because barr a few, they are average but what he does is discipline the team into working as a team. NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB MENTALITY.

We have some world class players and for the first time ever against Chelsea last week I looked at the team sheets and thought we are better in every position (even though the inexperience at RB), but how many times have we gone in front and even a 2-0 lead is not enough for us? I sat and watched what some called a boring game, but I could not believe for the first time ever after we went 1-0 up, thought that is it weve won.

I guess what im trying to say is for the first time ever we worked fantastic as a defensive unit and made Chelsea look average up front, they ran out of ideas eventually.

If we can play like that against all the difficult teams then that will do for me and we will be there or abouts. The problem we now have is breaking down defences such as Wigan, Newcastle (and all the teams where a point is enough). If we CAN do that coupled with the defence we put up against Chelsea, then we HAVE cracked it.

City have been an either or team and usually our defence has let us down, but playing Chelsea that was the best defensive game I have EVER seen.

League winners... maybe not.

Consistency is key no?

We have played 6 games so far.

On Saturday I thought we edged it. But for the crossbar the result could have looked completely different. We set up well, everyone did their job from start to finish and that is what I expect players to do. We didnt look much of a threat though until Tevez weaved his magic.

Unfortunately we are still prone to make cock ups. Hart cost us two points against Blackburn and Richards one point against Sunderland. Thats three points down the swanny already through stupid errors.

As well as looking good Saturday, we have looked poor at times too. Spurs first half was awful, Sunderland second half, Blackburn for 30 minutes after they scored and Wigan until we got a bit of help from their crap defence although conditions had a lot to do with it.

We dont look better than Chelsea yet. Lets see where we are in 6 or 7 games time.

Its too easy to get carried away with things at this stage. One defeat in the next two games and it will no doubt be Mancini out again on here!

simon23 said:
I sort of agree with the OP

But....

When we beat Utd on their "special day" we played them off the park pretty much .....especially in the second half

When we beat arsenal last year when ade went on his imfamous rrun and celebration we dominated them

whe we beat liverpool we did it with ease (this season) without ever being really impressive ourselves

I agree about the chelski match to some extent....it is the first time ive seen a city team "bully" one of the big boys off the pitch.....We were certainly equal to them on the day (possibly better)

However when we start to comfortably beat some of the lesser teams I will then think we are at the point of "making it"

I think consistnacy is the key word here...consistant high level performances against everyone and then we have made it to the top

yeah mate but your missing my point i have come away from games thinking wow we have just hammered them but still known deep down that they are a better side than us.

but saturday was different. i came away thinking deep down that we are a better side.

Didsbury Dave said:
Martin Samuel has been the most biased pro-City journalist in England for the last 2 years.

Yeah i know this guy is probably disowned in the media circles, when he talks about us are generally read it because he talks sense. Unlike everyone else he has the power to make his own mind up and deliver it. He does talk some utter tripe sometimes but that comes with the territory

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.