Italy v England | Thurs 23rd March 2023, 19:45

Not sure about that, we sat back and were hanging on and taking Phil off was baffling!

Italy had to go for the jigglier and we were down to 10 , totally normal for us to be camped in our half and to see out the game

It wasn’t baffling for me, he sacrificed an attacker for a defender - needs must. Unfortunate for Phil but I would guess Southgate trusted Saka more defensively and holding the ball up

Yes we did

Every player gave their all

Southgate got his tactics spot on and even down to 10 they didn’t trouble us
Don’t think I’ll be backing you up on that bit mate. We won because we’ve got 7 or 8 really great players that dug him out. We shit ourselves and retreat every time we go in front in big games and that’s down to his tactics. As it is when we win. And we did just thankfully so all good for now. Should never have been anywhere near that close after the excellent first half though

That's the very 1st game of the qualifying campaign. We've not even got to the tournament yet.
Same old, same old.
Qualify

Get a piss easy group.
Scrape through
Draw surprise shite team in knockouts
Get spanked by France/Portugal/Germany

Waistcoat given contract extension and knighthood.

What ? Down to 10 men away at Italy and he made load of subs and changed formation to see out the game , they barely troubled us. I don’t think they had a shot on target that last 20 mins
I'm sorry, but he's clueless, surrendered the advantage in the second half, has no idea what he's doing when it comes to making tactical changes, as demonstrated again and again and again.

Italy had to go for the jigglier and we were down to 10 , totally normal for us to be camped in our half and to see out the game

It wasn’t baffling for me, he sacrificed an attacker for a defender - needs must. Unfortunate for Phil but I would guess Southgate trusted Saka more defensively and holding the ball up
Probably not as he took him off 2 mins later

That’s very unfair on Rice and Kane
Not even their efforts would have been enough without Stones blocking, tackling, and heading nearly everything that go near our goal, especially in the second half.

He was the most angry for Italy’s goal, for a reason, as well. He was having to cover for both Maguire and Phillips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.