It's a real possibility that Sven maybe in charge by March

allyboy

Ok, we all know looking back is genreally a big "no no" in the UK. Why, I don't know.

If we're in a relegation battle in Feb, MH will be sacked.
The next 4-6 weeks are make or break for "sparky' as some of you call him on here (rag phrase by the way).

In other countries the "second spell" is a usual thing, it only seems to be in the Uk that we are against - why?

For me, we had the best man for the job in Sven, and even more so now we have our new found wealth.

So why discount him just because he's managed us before, its got no real value or weight to rule him out for that reason.

The 8-1 was a stand off between players, out-going manager and owner.
The season as a whole was very successful for his first campaign.

Not so sure we've seen the last of SGE......

Well not sure about real possibility - seemed more like wishful thinking!

Personally I don't see it happening and as much as I am a fan of Sven and enjoyed his season in charge I am not keen on managers returning.

Mind you its worked out for SWP so far so who knows

Hi Bob,
Thats my point you say "you are not keen on managers returning" - why?

I thinks its a real stumbling block in England.

For me apart from Jose or possibly Hiddink, Sven is the best choice, with the best record.
So why not?

I personally think he would be huge success second time round at City. Especially with the cash.

You're dreaming mate. He won't be back.

I didn't want him sacked but the second half of last season was a joke.

And his signings, Petrov and Corluka apart, were shite. Benjani? Cacedio? Bianchi? Gelson?

No thanks.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
You're dreaming mate. He won't be back.

I didn't want him sacked but the second half of last season was a joke.

And his signings, Petrov and Corluka apart, were shite. Benjani? Cacedio? Bianchi? Gelson?

No thanks.

His signings for great. Petrov, Elano, Corluka and Garrido were all great value for money. Bianchi did ok but did not settle, Bianchi was a panic buy and Gelson was an a improvement on Barton and did well last season and Big Phil is one for the future.

Here's a reason why not:

11-05-2008 Middlesbrough Manchester City 8-1
04-05-2008 Liverpool Manchester City 1-0
26-04-2008 Manchester City Fulham 2-3
20-04-2008 Manchester City Portsmouth 3-1
12-04-2008 Sunderland Manchester City 1-2
05-04-2008 Manchester City Chelsea 0-2
29-03-2008 Birmingham City Manchester City 3-1
21-03-2008 Bolton Wanderers Manchester City 0-0
16-03-2008 Manchester City Tottenham Hotspur 2-1
08-03-2008 Reading Manchester City 2-0
01-03-2008 Manchester City Wigan Athletic 0-0
25-02-2008 Manchester City Everton 0-2
10-02-2008 Manchester United Manchester City 1-2
02-02-2008 Manchester City Arsenal 1-3
30-01-2008 Derby County Manchester City 1-1
20-01-2008 Manchester City West Ham 1-1
12-01-2008 Everton Manchester City 1-0
02-01-2008 Newcastle Manchester City 0-2

5 wins in his last 18 games compared to, um, Hughes' record of 5 wins in his last 17 games. Hardly a progressive move.

If you think there's a "real" possibility he may come back you're incredibly naive.

allyboy said:
Hi Bob,
Thats my point you say "you are not keen on managers returning" - why?

I thinks its a real stumbling block in England.

For me apart from Jose or possibly Hiddink, Sven is the best choice, with the best record.
So why not?

I personally think he would be huge success second time round at City. Especially with the cash.

Umm. Not sure I can give you a logical answer its just seems a backwards step. I don't disagree with you and if Frank had not been a total cock and ditched Sven then we would be in good shape now with Sven in charge and ADUG's money.

At the moment I'd rather we muddled through to summer, ditch Hughes and tempt someone like Jose.

It is interesting though that we are still seeing calls for Sven's return some 6 months after he left and I'll admit I loved the guy too :)

Jim, maybe I'm dreaming about having him back!
Not so sure mate, all depends on these next few results for me.
I think Sven couldn't work with Thaksin.

What are the arguments to say he 'could never come back"
why the hell not.

Ok some of his signing were flops, but what he did when he tookover was to make wholesale changes very quickly and that to me was brave, and it came off.
I'm positive it was all a calculated risk and he knew some of the signings would succeed and some were a big risk, but that was his plan.

Ric,
You're a classic English blinkered opinion I'm sorry.
Why is it naive to think an ex-manager couldn't return?

I just don't get it.

you simply rule him out because he's ben here before?
Baffling...

The only reason anyone could want Eriksson in charge of the club again is blind ignorance frankly. He completely lost control of discipline after the first few months: Carrington was like a friggin butlins camp.

Christ no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.