It's not all depressing news

TheRemainsOfTheDave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49729211

A not-for-profit plumbing company in Burnley has earned worldwide attention after it refused to charge an elderly customer for work on her boiler.

A receipt for the work shows a 91-year-old woman with leukaemia would not be charged "under any circumstances".

The receipt was shared on social media by the woman's daughter in the past week and has since been liked hundreds of thousands of times.

Plumber James Anderson says he hopes to expand his altruism across the UK.

He’s a burnley hero!! landed himself with £8k of debt so far tho according to local paper yesterday :-/

When I left school my first job was with a refridgeration company who also had contracts to fix washing machines, dryers etc. one day we had a job down in Ayrshire so on top of the call out there was a mileage charge. It came to £36 and was nearly 30 years ago so it was quite a lot.

We get to the house and a wee old darling woman opened the door all smiles, got the tea on, apologised for making us come all that way. First thing check the supply, and the fucking switch had been turned off. We needed to charge her and the engineer I was with decided to give her machine an overhaul, new door seal, changed the motor, new band on the drum for her.

We finished and the wee darling put an extra £2 so we could have a cup of tea on the drive home. We refused that but still felt bad. It was obvious she hadn’t much. We set off after sitting there for a minute. Arthur drove around the oval where she lived stopped outside her door and gave me the money to give her it back. I told her we just realised she was within her warranty. Her wee face was a picture. Arthur was a fucking diamond. I asked him how we would get away with that. Let me worry about that son. Class.

Jimmy has obviously been busy in his downtime with his calf injury ;-)

Top effort from the guy. One of my mates who took an injury to the head whilst fighting in the Falklands occasionally has dizzy spells which result obviously in balance issues we were out on a bike ride a few weeks back and he was struck down miles from home anyhow trying to phone his lad to come get him but no answer next thing an AA call out van pulled to the side to see if all was ok did no more than put my mates bike in the back him in the front and took him directly home muttered something that he was going that way anyway. Managed to get his first name and sent an email to customer services who were made up by his actions and would be be commending him. There is still a lot of nice warm hearted people out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.