Its not often I get involved.....

sorry, i also forgot to say in fairness, and i never thought i would...Bellamy...great buy, by far our best player to date but again also suseptable to injury

I think you make some good points regarding the subs, as for his buys I think TBH they have been good, I know what your saying about RSC but its so soon after a long lay off hard to judge except he is injury prone.
Zab is still young and last year i thought we had a bargin.
Ade after the first 4 game's he was unreal but now hes fell off a little (still his hold up play is top draw).
And your right about Bellers too, I diddnt want him at City but he's made me eat my words great player.
At the start of the season when evryone was starting where will we finsh threads most posters had us 6th or 7th even after all the transfers, mostly saying it will take time to settle in. Oh how times have changed.

(I was in the we can finish top 4 giddy camp, still think we can TBH)

justme_ctid said:
....with the topic of hughes in/out but it seems some of the threads are missing the point really. I don't think we could achieve anything from sacking him at this point but, and this is if it hasn't already been said, you have to look at some of his signings, tactics and inability to hold onto leads in games that should be put to bed. I don't think I need to highlight my statement by reminding you of specifics in games, but looking at the likes of the Birmingham game, I think anyone with knowledge of football could see the formation and team were not working and we were getting battered. It needed changing sooner rather than later but it seemed he was too proud to admit he had got it wrong and sort it out & he looked completley perplexed at what to do next. Yesterday I fully expected at 3-2 for either Barry (who was having another shit game) or Ireland to be subbed for de jong to give us that other dimension in defence.
As for signings, whilst not all bad does anyone else think the players he has bought are just a little bit prone to injuries and not really that great? Lescott seems to be a bad buy (and my mate, a life long evertonian says he always had been), tevez looks poor and apart from his work rate offers nothing and I have always thought that. Barry I can't work out. Was solid at the start and has gone off recently & rsc although coming back from injury looks scared, tired and a million miles off the pace. Again I always thought he was an average player. Apart from that, Bridge is not good enough and zabletta looks out of his depth. It seems he panic bought and didn't go about things wisely. I have always thought that building a team started at the back. I must say toure and given are great buys and I'm still unsure about ade.
So having said all that on a plus note we have a young side who could develop into a great side with some class additions but I really do think he is the wrong man for the job and I don't know who is. I think we are stuck with him until the end of the season & I would be delighted for him to prove me wrong & take us to a cup final or into europe but I really doubt it.
One last thing, I would like him to be more passionate in the post match interview & speak his mind and defend the team against some of the appalling refs we have to contend with. Its the one thing bacon face gets right, but then saying that, you can't fake passion and emotion can you?
Thought the very same thing in the Hamburg away game last season, we were being trounced and he didn't make any changes to alleviate the damage. A bit like having a bleeding cut on your forehead and not putting a bandage on it

justme_ctid said:
blue monkey said:
I thought he was spot on personally

P.S....I don't think you're City fan....it's good this"you're not a City fan" game isn't it? ;-)
I don't think you are either Blue Monkey.....in fact i think i'm the only city fan on here!!! ;-)

Sorry to burst your bubble but I think you will find the only true fan on here is kiam06 !!!!!!!!

justme_ctid said:
....with the topic of hughes in/out but it seems some of the threads are missing the point really. I don't think we could achieve anything from sacking him at this point but, and this is if it hasn't already been said, you have to look at some of his signings, tactics and inability to hold onto leads in games that should be put to bed. I don't think I need to highlight my statement by reminding you of specifics in games, but looking at the likes of the Birmingham game, I think anyone with knowledge of football could see the formation and team were not working and we were getting battered. It needed changing sooner rather than later but it seemed he was too proud to admit he had got it wrong and sort it out & he looked completley perplexed at what to do next. Yesterday I fully expected at 3-2 for either Barry (who was having another shit game) or Ireland to be subbed for de jong to give us that other dimension in defence.
As for signings, whilst not all bad does anyone else think the players he has bought are just a little bit prone to injuries and not really that great? Lescott seems to be a bad buy (and my mate, a life long evertonian says he always had been), tevez looks poor and apart from his work rate offers nothing and I have always thought that. Barry I can't work out. Was solid at the start and has gone off recently & rsc although coming back from injury looks scared, tired and a million miles off the pace. Again I always thought he was an average player. Apart from that, Bridge is not good enough and zabletta looks out of his depth. It seems he panic bought and didn't go about things wisely. I have always thought that building a team started at the back. I must say toure and given are great buys and I'm still unsure about ade.
So having said all that on a plus note we have a young side who could develop into a great side with some class additions but I really do think he is the wrong man for the job and I don't know who is. I think we are stuck with him until the end of the season & I would be delighted for him to prove me wrong & take us to a cup final or into europe but I really doubt it.
One last thing, I would like him to be more passionate in the post match interview & speak his mind and defend the team against some of the appalling refs we have to contend with. Its the one thing bacon face gets right, but then saying that, you can't fake passion and emotion can you?

In all honesty, though some of your points are valid(i use some very sparingly) i can see why you dont contribute or 'get involved' that often....some of your points........clueless!!

blue monkey said:
nederblue said:
u are 100% not a city fan!!
I thought he was spot on personally

P.S....I don't think you're City fan....it's good this"you're not a City fan" game isn't it? ;-)

No, I'm Spartacus!

OP - don't be discouraged by your nemesis, he's obviously a little insecure in himself & sits in the camp that believes constructive criticism of an under-performing team amounts to full-scale mutiny!

For the record, I agreed with some of your points, others I didn't. I'd prefer to have you on here though, than some Forum Nazi who tries to shut you down with cries of "you're no City fan", without actually putting forward any reasoned argument to back up his position.

Please post some more, if only to wind him up!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.