I'ts Now Time to Look Abroad for Players

You've just got to look at players like Vidic, Carvalho, Agger, Skrtel etc etc etc. They all came from poorer standard leagues yet they're probably the best defenders in the league.

Premiership proven doesn't always mean the best, im hoping our scouts have been busy finding players.

Goater666 said:
You've just got to look at players like Vidic, Carvalho, Agger, Skrtel etc etc etc. They all came from poorer standard leagues yet they're probably the best defenders in the league.

Premiership proven doesn't always mean the best, im hoping our scouts have been busy finding players.

Exactly my point. The only thing proven by buying Toure or Upson is that they aren't really good enough to be the best

Goater666 said:

Agree, even Evra didnt cost alot and turned into a good player.

if we dont get a new back four then top six is out.I reckon MH went along with the terry thing to humour the owners and GC.I think the op is right on the money regarding foreign defenders, hopefully the homework has been done and we move to the next targets. I am not convinced terry would pass the strict medical that his wages/contract would entail,back problems can be chronic , what-ever .Lets bring in the foreigners and stop leaking goals.

bellbuzzer said:
if we dont get a new back four then top six is out.I reckon MH went along with the terry thing to humour the owners and GC.I think the op is right on the money regarding foreign defenders, hopefully the homework has been done and we move to the next targets. I am not convinced terry would pass the strict medical that his wages/contract would entail,back problems can be chronic , what-ever .Lets bring in the foreigners and stop leaking goals.

Complete over reaction tbh, our defence wasn't that bad last season, player for player it should of been better than Fulham's, but did you see their defensive record?

I know i wouldn't want to swap our defence for Fulham's. I would like Hangeland though.

We need one top centre defender and we'll do much better.

bellbuzzer said:

I don't think our defence currently is THAT bad. It improved from the turn of the year, when we signed Given, and Onuoha got over his injuries and started playing. I still think Dunne is a very good defender, on his day he can be as good anyone in the League, Onouha and Kompany are both young and can only get better, and Bridge looks to be improving the defensive side of his game. Richards needs to slim down, and focus on his football, I think this is a make or break season for him.

the defence is not 'that bad' but prone to mistakes/misunderstandings.Its the cover that needs addressing and i would like the current players as cover rather than starters.We just dont build from deep and italian/spanish players seem to do this as second nature. Square pass,square pass ,hoof is not going to make us a challenger.Philip Lahm (german) is the type of player i'm thinking of .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.