It's official - coventry is crap

Haven't been to Coventry for a while. Last couple of times was to go to gigs at the Kasbah (Doves and White Lies) which I thought was a decent venue.
One thing I noticed was that there were no independent pubs in the city centre selling decent beer, just crap places like Spoons & Litten Tree.
The last time I was there, I just got the bus out to Hawkesbury Junction to a cracking canal side pub called The Greyhound.

Haven't been to Coventry for a while. Last couple of times was to go to gigs at the Kasbah (Doves and White Lies) which I thought was a decent venue.
One thing I noticed was that there were no independent pubs in the city centre selling decent beer, just crap places like Spoons & Litten Tree.
The last time I was there, I just got the bus out to Hawkesbury Junction to a cracking canal side pub called The Greyhound.
Great food too. Earlsdon, where I live, is nice, not unlike West Didsbury with a couple of decent pubs. Lots of Blues around too, which is good. We are well represented. Ickle City, not quite. I'm just off to the local club where the locals who are Coventry fans when they win a match, Celtic or Rangers if not, look at my City top with a mix of jealousy and awe. Lol. I was born in Didsbury and always go out of my way to clarify my birthplace rather than where I have lived most of my life, if it ever comes up. I'm fiercely City, not averse to close verbal scrapes with red tops, when they emerge from under their assorted rocks.

I get sent there all the time by the missus.
It's bad...not as bad being sent to Birmingham, though.

Went there to the Eclipe club in the early 90's. It was quite dodgy and not a very enjoyable experience.

Been down for the football a few times when City played there too, but not since they moved from Highfield Rd.

Coventry is a shit hole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.