It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent said:
Tolmie without wanting to sound rude you are talking nonsense. Why would the club want to keep tevez and sell Dzeko when tevez is walking out on a free next year and Dzeko is worth 30 million roughly ? As for signing van persie he has had ONE outstanding season and is going on 30. To suggest he will make us world class is in all honesty laughable.

The club may have no choice but to keep Tevez as he has a contract. Not sure who you think would pay £30m for Dzeko but if he is worth more, there's an argument for selling him rather than the player who you think is worth less but happens to be the better player.

And your assessment is RvP lacks insight.

Vincent said:
Tolmie without wanting to sound rude you are talking nonsense. Why would the club want to keep tevez and sell Dzeko when tevez is walking out on a free next year and Dzeko is worth 30 million roughly ? As for signing van persie he has had ONE outstanding season and is going on 30. To suggest he will make us world class is in all honesty laughable.

We cannot sell Tevez if no-one is willing to stump up the cash. My own theory, is that he wants to sit and wait, and then take a big singing-on fee from another club when he is a free agent.

RE Van Persie: he's a fine footballer. He was arguably the best footballer in England last year. He's looked good in other seasons. However, he has been unlucky with injuries. You ask Arsenal fans and a few of them will argue that one of the reasons behind is injuuries is that Wenger flogs him and plays him before he has recovered from other injuries.

If we signed Van Persie, I could see us improving significantly. For a start, he would give us an enormous amount of flexibility as he can play up top on his own or in a partnership and he can also play as a No10. He also brings with him a high level of football intelligence, strength, power in the air, ability to score from outside the box, quality finisher, creates chances for others and he is quick.

He's a risk worth taking IMO.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:30 pm --<br /><br />
OB1 said:
Burnage Burnsy said:
I see Napoli have signed Pandev from Inter for £6m.

Maybe to replace Cavani or Lavezzi?

Or maybe because they have had him on loan...

I am surprised they signed him. I haven't seen him have a good game for several years.

City in the race for Italy U21 midfielder Marco Verrati along with PSG, Inter, and Juve. We seem to be in the lead for his services.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/mercato/articoli/83768/su-verratti-psg-e-manchester-city.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/me ... city.shtml</a>

cleav said:
good god, i WISH we could get 30 for dzeko! i'd be pretty surprised if we got 20 for him.
This post makes you sound like a spoilt kid. Dzeko scored some very important goals the past two seasons. I'd love him to stay and prove plebs like you wrong.

sincity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Arsenal have not even bothered to offer RVP a new deal.

RVP has also informed Arsenal he will not sign anything and his club are now applying pressure for him to put in a transfer request.
Wenger wants to hold him to his final year and the lack of an offer suggests the decision will be above his head again.
No way to treat a player who has given you eight years...
why is that Tolm? Do they want a transfer request from him to appease the Arsenal fans and show that it's not the club's fault? Or are they trying to squeeze the loyalty bonus out of him - the way they made Fabregas give up his?
Arsenal will be dreading RVP walking away for nothing next season, the reason they will want him to put in a transfer request is to try and force him out now for a fee, and appease the fans saying RVP wanted to go which it looks like he does but on his terms not theres, it looks unlikely that he is getting a new deal or even wants one, but it also looks like he wants out for free next season

LoveCity said:
City in the race for Italy U21 midfielder Marco Verrati along with PSG, Inter, and Juve. We seem to be in the lead for his services.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/mercato/articoli/83768/su-verratti-psg-e-manchester-city.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/me ... city.shtml</a>

Has the Italian media yet to get one of our transfers right, ever? Just thinking out loud. Front page with Sneijder last summer, Ibra every other week, Maicon, Eto'o, Tevez, Cerci. The list goes on.

Didn't Mourinho sign a 30-year-old Diego Milito for £20m? Everyone in the football world thought he was crazy, but he went on to win them the Champions League. Age is irrelevant in all this, Van Persie is a fantastic footballer and his playing style and technical ability mean that he could easily go on till 32/33 at the top level.

IF Dzeko leaves, it shouldn't be for a penny less than £25m, ideally more, we have no reason to sell. Personally, I'd like Tevez to go, but he seems intent on letting his contract run down and there'll be an international scramble for his signature if that happens.

Let's just be patient, I don't expect any major deals for us in at least the next month, but we can be sure that the Sheikh and Mancini won't let us down.

About Van Persie... Would it not leave us with the same problem that we had this year with our strikers? In the sense that all 3 strikers won't be able to play with each other. Dzeko and Balotelli couldn't last season and I presume Van Persie and Balotelli won't be able to next year as neither likes dropping into midfield like Aguero and Tevez.

To be honest, i'd rather we just kept our current strike-force as it is, including Dzeko, and went all out for Martinez, Thiago Silva and Ramirez/Bale (I know there's a huge difference in what we'll pay for Bale than what we would for Ramirez).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.