It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
minimalistic said:
Ducado said:
It's very quiet isn't it

Just putting another coat of emulsion on the wall so that I can watch it dry as the week progresses.

Mix it with a little thinners, this will prolong the drying process. Saving you money on paint when you have to repeat the process through until August 31st.

sincity said:
Marvin said:
Luke_mcfc said:
Maybe the money is drying up...
Yet we're committing huge sums to extending players contracts and rebuilding around the ground.

Maybe priorities have changed and we're no longer fishing for 4-5 1st team players each window. We're now Champions, and it would be stupid to sign another 4-5 first team players who are not as good and older than what we have.

Try and find a striker who is better than Balotelli, Aguero and Tevez. Impossible.

or a midfielder who can out-power Yaya Toure. Or a midfielder with the vision and touch of Silva and Nasri. Very difficult.

If I were City I'd keep the powder dry until an exceptional player becomes available, and at the same time I'd be trying to hoover up all the outstanding young talent for the academy so that we dominate football for years to come

Whilst I understand your viewpoint, do you think Hazard was an exceptional talent? If so, then why didn't City do everything it could to get him?
If the blame is to be placed on agent fees, which Chelsea had no problems in paying up, isn't this going to be the exact same problem for every one of these exceptional talents - Huge transfer fees, huge wages, huge agent fees? Then at this rate, City would be keeping its powder dry for a very long time..

but yes, the main thing would be to kick-start the Academy so that we can get all the exceptional talent we will ever need..

The problem with Agents fees is we were having the piss taken out of us by agents so we have had to take a hard line on it and rightly so.

sincity said:
Marvin said:
Luke_mcfc said:
Maybe the money is drying up...
Yet we're committing huge sums to extending players contracts and rebuilding around the ground.

Maybe priorities have changed and we're no longer fishing for 4-5 1st team players each window. We're now Champions, and it would be stupid to sign another 4-5 first team players who are not as good and older than what we have.

Try and find a striker who is better than Balotelli, Aguero and Tevez. Impossible.

or a midfielder who can out-power Yaya Toure. Or a midfielder with the vision and touch of Silva and Nasri. Very difficult.

If I were City I'd keep the powder dry until an exceptional player becomes available, and at the same time I'd be trying to hoover up all the outstanding young talent for the academy so that we dominate football for years to come

Whilst I understand your viewpoint, do you think Hazard was an exceptional talent? If so, then why didn't City do everything it could to get him?
If the blame is to be placed on agent fees, which Chelsea had no problems in paying up, isn't this going to be the exact same problem for every one of these exceptional talents - Huge transfer fees, huge wages, huge agent fees? Then at this rate, City would be keeping its powder dry for a very long time..

but yes, the main thing would be to kick-start the Academy so that we can get all the exceptional talent we will ever need..

Personally I'm not concerned. I am confident that our club is being run in the correct way. If a deal fits great, if not then we move on.

Our owners and management team have earned my complete trust and I'm comfortable with our progress to date.

Don't get greedy people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.