It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes the Madrid narrative that he'd be choosing us for money over them....... ignoring the fact they're apparently going to be paying Mbappe 50 million Euros a year.
These big clubs are all the same, talk about how players don't go to them for money while simultaneously paying them 1 million euros a week

I warned about this maybe a million times. They had the excuse ready all along

Another one is Benzema not happy with the wages Haaland would be on. Benzema sees himself as a starting striker for Madrid next season. loads of excuses

I would be chuffed to bits if we lifted it once in my lifetime. We are the best team in Europe right now in my opinion but its so tricky with knockout football
Pep is the best manager in the world bar none and there's nobody I'd rather have managing our club, hopefully for quite a few years longer.

Saying that, his style is not suited to winning the Champions League at all. I'm fairly confident we'll have managers after him who will come nowhere close to producing the same quality of football or league dominance as Pep but will easily have a better Champions League record. As Zidane proved, sometimes you don't need to be a tactical mastermind to win the CL as long as you have the right squad playing the right system.

TBH, I always thought madrid were bullshitting with haaland, they want mbappe as priority, and they have to get a CM and CB's too, the wage bill could never take it.

Happy to see the madridista snides come out though, means theyve heard something too.

I just don't see Madrid being able to afford both Mbappe and Haaland especially the wages that are being demanded by both players. To add with that a team that is already on massive wages eg Bale, Benzema, Modric etc so I think that would be difficult even for them to pull that off whilst balancing the books. I just think that Madrid will end up with Mbappe and hopefully we get Haaland imo.

Not getting my hopes up but I would love it to happen :)

@tolmie's hairdoo

Fame at last…I actually like these guys. Should be called The Tolmie Episode!

I can’t link it as they’ve included a FIFA clip but it’s City Xtra‘s latest YouTube…”Haaland Chooses Man City”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.