It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We knew it was coming if it started to look like Haaland was heading our way instead of theirs. Poor little Real who can't afford him while paying Mbappe a small fortune......give me a break.

If/when Haaland signs it will be a lot worse. That prat Simon Jordan will start and everyone else.

They haven’t got a leg to stand on, -£40m net spend just shows we haven’t got the unlimited budget like everyone thinks. Our recruitment team works very hard to balance our books. Being successful on the pitch and new signings producing the goods helps hugely.

Another one is Benzema not happy with the wages Haaland would be on. Benzema sees himself as a starting striker for Madrid next season. loads of excuses

Selective jealousy... problem with Haaland's wages but Mbappe's are fine !

Pep is the best manager in the world bar none and there's nobody I'd rather have managing our club, hopefully for quite a few years longer.

Saying that, his style is not suited to winning the Champions League at all. I'm fairly confident we'll have managers after him who will come nowhere close to producing the same quality of football or league dominance as Pep but will easily have a better Champions League record. As Zidane proved, sometimes you don't need to be a tactical mastermind to win the CL as long as you have the right squad playing the right system.
Dimatteo won it so think that prove luck is a huge factor. Pep is the best manager in the world but just like the Premier league anyone can beat anyone in that competition. A couple of players have an off day, a few injuries or suspension, questionable calls and your out. It very frustrating considering I'm pretty sure our win lose record in it over the last 10 odd years is easily one of the best.

Interesting read, until..

Unfortunately it then falls into the usual narrative about City.

'the gulf in funding between the state-sponsored Manchester club and Madrid creates'.

This is all looking positive... the media are merging towards a narrative of Haaland dreamed of Real but had to settle for City because no one can compete with their dirty oil money.... bring it on.

Dimatteo won it so think that prove luck is a huge factor. Pep is the best manager in the world but just like the Premier league anyone can beat anyone in that competition. A couple of players have an off day, a few injuries or suspension, questionable calls and your out. It very frustrating considering I'm pretty sure our win lose record in it over the last 10 odd years is easily one of the best.
Why not combine the league with the Champions league & create a tournament that Pep-ball would win 8/10…….oh! European Super League anyone? ;)

Interesting read, until..

Unfortunately it then falls into the usual narrative about City.

'the gulf in funding between the state-sponsored Manchester club and Madrid creates'.

No mention of one club being in profit & the other hundreds of millions of pounds in debt whilst rebuilding their stadium. Not really bothered where Mbappe ends up, PSG would buy their way out of it but would be stuck with the prancing pony, and a few ageing Argies. RM will have a half a decent attack with a gaping hole in it & not a lot of money to fill it, with other areas of the pitch more in need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.