It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Losing both Sterling and Jesus could leave us short, in theory; but that depends on how much trust the club are putting in Palmer and McAtee. I'm convinced the former is more than capable of making the transition; Palmer is much more technically gifted than Sterling and has all the attributes to shine against 80% of Prem opposition, in my opinion. Whether or not he could make that final jump to the big pressure cooker matches, we'll have to see. McAtee is an unknown quantity though, he has inherent stardust but I always assumed his future would lie behind the striker and not on the wing; again, we'll have to wait and see. If we are going to fetch circa £100mil for Raz and Gabby, and the club are insistent on not bringing in an attacker, then I'd like to see all those proceeds go towards the midfield fund. Our midfield is going to need redressing in a season or two and bringing in Bellingham or someone of his ilk would give us a head start.

Whatever happens, I'm psyched about the new season now; it could be the start of the greatest Pep iteration yet.

*Edit - And I will add, keeping Bernardo is a must should we lose both Raz and Gabby. If we aren't able to keep Bernie then the club need to be all over de Jong.

We've got £100m in fee's coming in and 500k going off the wage bill, just in the RW position.

Palmers been out since Jan and only has 120 mins of PL football under his belt.

We should 100% be signing someone.

18/19 arguably our best ever season we had 4 wingers Raz, Sane, Mahrez, Bernardo and 2 strikers Jesus and Aguero

Why sell ourselves short when the money is there, it does nobody any good in the bank.
Well we wouldn't leave ourselves short, not leaving ourselves short may look different to your not leaving ourselves short, or it may not.Because even without Jesus and Sterling we'll have 4 wide players 2 strikers, only Pep and his coaches know how ready Palmer is.Not to mention we'll be able to field proper overlapping full backs if we want
We'll probably be just fine though because we are run by people that know what they are doing.

May as well give up now then.

How would that work? Are you suggesting we bring in two new first team wingers. We’ve brought in two strikers. We’d have too many wingers competing for one or two spots.
2 Not at all
Im saying I would like us to convince Sterling to stay if he doesn’t want to
we cut the best deal possible
We then replace him ( I can’t understand all the Sterling bashing ..he isn’t shite )
Mahrez is much older and has one year left
Palmer McAtee and to some degree Alvarez are untested (would you prefer any of those to Sterling playing against Madrid or Liverpool in a Semi at this stage in their careers
I am happy for players to go and be replaced I prefer young hungry players personally
Jesus goes that’s fine I understand he wants to play more
I would keep/replace Sterling
Filter in Alvarez Palmer and McAtee
If Alvarez is brilliant he can become a regular next year
I do however trust the club

With it being a World Cup year we hold some of the cards, and with it we can demand larger than normal fees, especially if we’re selling domestically, both will want minutes & with it being in November they’ll need to be established somewhere & playing regularly by then, I’m expecting them both to push for quick deals & for us to respond accordingly
Great point

Plenty said we wouldn't win the league last year without a striker, some even predited a top 4 fight. They were wrong too.
I wasn’t one that didn’t concern me at all
Maybe you’re wrong
People can have a different option
I think Sterling is a great player
You may not do
Each to their own

I think Sterling will stay and see out his contract, I just can't see him at Chelsea, I think he wants Spain and the only way I think that happens is if he leaves us on a free,
All just my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.